Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Mom's with little or no teeth

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am 28 years old and i am missing a lot of teeth we are saving up for dentures but I am so self conscious of it.I dont like meeting new people because i feel like they are judging me thinking that i am dirty or dont brush my teeth both are not true it runs in my family having bad teeth and growing up we did not have money for dental.I tried fixing them on my own but they where falling out so fast i could not save up enough money.Are you in the same boat as me how do you deal with it     

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nickynova
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a recovering drug addict 6 years clean but the damage is done . I haven't smiled in years :( I do feel judged but I'm getting my top dentures soon ! :) oh an I'm 26
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kkkaaayyyy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I can relate, I am not missing teeth but my teeth are NOT GOOD. I need 3 crowns, and i have some holes in my teeth. Dental is so expensive, a lot of people cannot aford it. People will judge you based on anything, so don't worry about what people think of you. You know the truth and that's all that matters!

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I have all my teeth, but they are embarassingly crooked. Its a major point of unconfidence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rusty2rusty
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I am 41 yrs old and have only 4 teeth.  Bad teeth run in my family and woman are prone to loosing their teeth. My granbdma did, so did my mom, I have a sister who nw has black in her gus but refuses to get it taken care of because she doesn't want to loose her teeth.

sjump25
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I have 4 missing teeth and I just got braces put on the close them up. Implants would have been $12,000 compared to braces at $3500. Bad teeth run in my family, but my drug use for 4 years didn't help. Now I'm 30 and finally taking care of the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nysa
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I have that problem, too. I am finally close to getting to be able to fix them, but it is sooo expensive. Bad teeth run in my family, and then on top of that I got sick and the treatment gave me really bad dry mouth that made it worse. My MIL for my birthday a few years ago pait to get my front top teeth fixed, but after only a few years they are stating to go downhill agian. I brush every day, it's just that the enamel is soooo weak.  I just want dentures to be done with it.

chazzamatazz
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM

My poor husband lost all of his upper teeth to an infection. He still has most of his bottoms but feels very self conscious about having to wear dentures. He actually cried and thought that I wouldnt' find him attractive anymore since he had them removed. But, of course, I don't love him for his teeth or his hair or his left arm, so losing any of that isn't a deal breaker. 

On my end of things, I've got a few bad teeth - totally my fault from not taking care of them in my young adulthood. Hopefully I can get things fixed before they get worse since I have some pain in one of them. The good news is that I'm taking care of the rest of them - which helps to motivate my daughters to do the same. 

KRIZZ25
we try to make excuses for ower kids bad behavior. when its ower fault for letting it happen in first place.we need to show them how to behave. dont make excuses ..make solutions ..
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM
i have fucked up teeth and feel worthless..
lovegrandbaby
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I had bad teeth from having a hysterectomy (total) in my early 30's.  About 5 yrs ago, I had to get dentures, and they have never been right.  We went back about 8-10 times and told they dentist they weren't right, and he kept saying they were.  I cannot afford another set by someone else - they are very expensive..  It pisses me off cuz my dh and my mother both have dentures and they never had the problems I have.  I try not to go out to much cuz I am afraid to eat in front of others and talk alot for fear they will fall out.  I go thru more denture adhesive plus they don't sit straight like they should.  It's very frustrating.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I was born without enamel on my teeth, and I have been bullied all of my life partly because of it.  No one seems to understand, and my kids even wonder why even though I have told them.  I've only met a small handful of others that have been born without enamel.  Luckily I still have all of my teeth, but it honestly looks like I won't for all of my life. :/

Good Luck getting your dentures!  I'm sure you will love your new smile :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)