Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ok,i need some advice ladies...

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 19 Replies
So me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 3 years now...we both are home as we are not working right now. So were living off the government,etc..hate it! Anyways,hes been depressed lately cuz its been hard 2 find a job. So hes pretty much glued 2 the t.v. I just keep busy with house chores,running errands. Our relationship has been pretty blah. Borriinngg. Hes mentioned to me that im being boring as well... Right back atcha buddy. So what can we do to put the spark back in our relationship? How can i be more entertaining?
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband gets like that too when theres a long break between work (construction). Just try to spend REAL quality time together instead of him doing his thing and you doing yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM

mmmmmmmmm I am not much help. Even though I have been married 13 years, he is my one and only and we have never lost our spark. But here is a bump and a good luck.

hatchetgurl21
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM

it helps to find something you both like doing, you might not have a lot of  money but if you like going for walks and stuff that can help mess around play thats wut i usually do and i have been married once and soon to be again.  hope that helps

mommyof24ever
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Truthfully been right where your at a couple months ago, and while I loved spending a lot of time together, boredom was inevitable.
My husband, myself, and our kids would take a drive in the car without a set destination. It changed the pace, gave us something different to look at besides the walls(lol), and it was fun. Hope this helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BostonKim
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Try to spend time together out doors, take a nice afternoon walk or find a common interest. If there was a spark at one time it will be there again if you are both willing to try. Being with out a job does put stress on things but as long as you both are trying and support eachother you'll get past this. All relationships have highs and lows what makes a great relationship is that you survive all the lows.

Hope this helps and best of luck you seem like a great girl. Xo

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Ditto...
I have no other advice, I've hit a low in our marriage.. : (

Quoting BostonKim:

Try to spend time together out doors, take a nice afternoon walk or find a common interest. If there was a spark at one time it will be there again if you are both willing to try. Being with out a job does put stress on things but as long as you both are trying and support eachother you'll get past this. All relationships have highs and lows what makes a great relationship is that you survive all the lows.

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
You might be less boring if you both got jobs. It would give you something to talk about. BTW, you won't get jobs watching TV.
jenemiah
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Tell him how great he looks.  Pump him up....tell him he will definately find a great job.  I had to do this for my hubby last year. Thankfully he was only out of work for 5 months.   I was working and his job had a cut back. He was so upset and felt like less of a man.  It got to the point where he stopped trying to look for work and watched that tv.  I took control so our relationship didnt go blah.   I started looking for jobs for him and telling him to go apply.  I even had him apply at crappy places.He had several places that wanted to hire him but didn't want to pay him enough, but it did make him feel better  because they wanted to hire him. It really was a good idea to apply everywhere...boosted self esteem.  Finally there was an opening at a company he wanted to get into 10 years ago. He applied at got the job ...got the job....and I got my happy hubby back. 

Inspire69
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM

It is not just about you. He needs to put in the effort for the relationship and you also. How is the whole relationship truly? I ask, because I was involved in something with similarities in the past.

oXMaMaOf3Xo
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Quoting BostonKim:

Thanks :-) yea we def had the spark before...now that were in a rut,its draining the life out of us...just hope it gets better
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN