Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I'm a wreck_messing up at work_ my life is a mess!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 28 Replies

So recently I've been screwing up at work. It's even worse than it sounds because I work for my boyfriends family business. My Bosses are my bf's father, and pretty much my boyfriend as well. I've been employed by them for about 2 1/2 years.

I moved to my location now to be with a man I've known 13 years. It's 1,200 miles from my family and friends. I want to live here for sure. I haven't made any friends because I"m working for my bf's family business which doesn't give you much interaction outside of the house. I honestly want my independence back. I've been here going on 4 years. I just need to get my feelings out even if it's to whoever reads this.

I don't know why I've been screwing up, I've been taking extra precausions when working, double checking my work, but it just not working out for me. I wake up with a great outlook on life but now it's like I dread getting out of bed for what is the next thing I've screwed up on.

Besides the fact that I hate where I'm living ( due to the HOA where we reside you cannot live outside of the business due to the HOA not wanting people commuteing to and from the house for work) I have to live with my MIL and FIL which I'm not loving. I've lived by myself most of my life and now I'm living with them it's really hard to get along, living and working together. I don't have enough money to pay for dental care that I need that is coming up which is putting my brain elseware...

Than there is the BM drama which is an entirely different story. "Hell in flipflops" as I like to call her. I just have so much going on in my life I can't really pin point what is making me screw up at work. It's not like I"m not trying my hardest. It never used to be this way untill the past few weeks. I'm just a mess.

Thanks for letting me rant.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I am sorry that you are feeling trapped.  You aren't allowed to get a job outside of the home because of the HOA?  That is really strange.  How do they expect people to pay the bills?  Finding something that you are good at would solve a lot of your problems.

kkkaaayyyy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I cannot live outside the home due to the HOA. I can get a job outside the home, but I'm working full time at the family business. I am currently looking to do something part time outside the home like work at an animal shelter or something. Thank you for your kind words.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I am sorry that you are feeling trapped.  You aren't allowed to get a job outside of the home because of the HOA?  That is really strange.  How do they expect people to pay the bills?  Finding something that you are good at would solve a lot of your problems.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I really misread that, lol. 

Glad to see that you are looking for something part time.  How would your husband feel about you finding something away from the family business as a full time career?  Getting out would allow you to make some new friends.  I honestly love working outside the home, it allows me to have a life outside of my family.  Totally needed for my mental wellbeing.

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

I cannot live outside the home due to the HOA. I can get a job outside the home, but I'm working full time at the family business. I am currently looking to do something part time outside the home like work at an animal shelter or something. Thank you for your kind words.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

kkkaaayyyy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

The entire thing with the family business is his parents are planning on retireing soon, and they are going to leave the business to us so we have a solid plan for our life. We have outside activities that we cannot do if we worked for someone. That is kind of why I'd like to get sometime part time so I can at least make some friends and get out of the house and do something every once in awhile. I understand the geting out for your mental wellbeing. That is really what I need after 3 years. I don't want to become ani-social.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Glad to see that you are looking for something part time.  How would your husband feel about you finding something away from the family business as a full time career?  Getting out would allow you to make some new friends.  I honestly love working outside the home, it allows me to have a life outside of my family.  Totally needed for my mental wellbeing.

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

kkkaaayyyy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I have just realized that I did quit smoking as of a month or so ago, and my BF still smokes so It's putting me on edge, along with my dental issues I need to get resolved. So..  That could be not helping. lol

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM

That makes sense.  Cafemom is a really great place to meet friends, too.  I have met some of my very best friends on here.  :)

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

The entire thing with the family business is his parents are planning on retireing soon, and they are going to leave the business to us so we have a solid plan for our life. We have outside activities that we cannot do if we worked for someone. That is kind of why I'd like to get sometime part time so I can at least make some friends and get out of the house and do something every once in awhile. I understand the geting out for your mental wellbeing. That is really what I need after 3 years. I don't want to become ani-social.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Congrats on kicking the habit!  That was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do.  Do you have a sliding scale dentist in the area?  I used one many years ago when we didn't have insurance due to me being out of work.  I had cracked a tooth and needed a cap, it was less than $100.  Might be worth looking up.

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

I have just realized that I did quit smoking as of a month or so ago, and my BF still smokes so It's putting me on edge, along with my dental issues I need to get resolved. So..  That could be not helping. lol

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Sorry you are having a rough time. I hope you find some relief soon. Hang in there.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Oh and the working outside the home thing and the HOA, I will have to read again later. I have taken some benadryl and even with your second explanation the elevator isn't quite making it to the top floor. LOL

kkkaaayyyy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I've never heard of a sliding scale dentsit.  :/ I went to my bf's family friend which is outragously priced since they live in a very well off area, and I am NOT very well off. lol. Just for my patient exam and possible xray they said it'll be around $250. :/  That not even the work! My old proposed plan was 2 crowns which was like $2,500$. lol. YEAH RIGHT.  It's been 2 years so I can only imagine what they will say this time. I may have to take out a loan.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Congrats on kicking the habit!  That was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do.  Do you have a sliding scale dentist in the area?  I used one many years ago when we didn't have insurance due to me being out of work.  I had cracked a tooth and needed a cap, it was less than $100.  Might be worth looking up.

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN