Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Men Go Through Labor Experiment, Learns Childbirth Hurts. Videos!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 14 Replies
3 moms liked this

I posted this is in the Pregnacy Group but wanted to share with women who aren't expecting.   These videos are too funny.  Men can't even go though more than 3.5hours of labor before quitting. It would be so nice if we had the option of quitting.  

http://www.mommyish.com/2012/09/26/dr-andrew-rochford-663/

Dr. Rochford has three children of his own and he wanted to undergo the experiment to see what his wife went through giving birth and to see if men or women have a higher pain threshold.

He exclaims in the video that he “hates contractions” and that the experiment is “almost too much to bear.”

After calling it quits just past the three-and-a-half-hour mark, Rochford apologized to all the women out there, including his wife, for thinking he understood what it was like to go through labor.

And the best quote of all: “Men of the world, you have no idea. Leave it to the women.  Forget the whole pain threshold debate.  We have nothing.  Women win.  Men don’t.  The end.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/men-simulate-contractions-guinea-pigs-dutch-tv-show_n_2498088.html?utm_hp_ref=parents&ir=Parents

Propped on a bed with electrodes attached to their abdomens, Storm and Zeno last through two hours of the simulated contractions. Though they try to laugh through the strain, the men appear to be in complete misery as they double over and clutch pillows tightly.

While the time span of the simulation was much shorter than many instances of real-life labor, Storm and Zeno appeared to get the full experience. In the end, Zeno sums up the challenge as torture and wonders if he wants his wife to go through the same pain.

This video is in Dutch.  I found this synopsis in the comments.  

Global translation:

Guy with hat is in a lot of pain, doesn't think he will be able to get through this for 2 hours.

The woman is telling them to stop fighting against the pain, but try and accept it and focus.

The man in the hat eventually gives up because it's too painful and he doesn't want it anymore.

In the end the blond guy says he found i a fantastic experience, the guy in the hat says he's not sure he wants to make his wife pregnant anymore, after this experience.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I am wanting to watch these, but I don't have 19 minutes to do so.  I will be watching these tomorrow afternoon :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
*Shakes my head nope* Men wont understand until they have a 7 pound human squeezed through their assholes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLanie
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree hopefully someone invents a simulator for that!

Quoting TexasMami409:

*Shakes my head nope* Men wont understand until they have a 7 pound human squeezed through their assholes.

jjchick75
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

That was funny to watch but maybe they should put some of those on their back and maybe one on their nuts lol! Maybe then they'll get a more complete idea of what it's like! I twas funny though. I laughed the whole time.

Neuro
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:44 AM
2 moms liked this

My husband wants 4 kids. He should have to do this first.

mamamiajk
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVED IT!!

MommyLanie
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I said the same thing, they should have experienced back labor also.  It was very funny, would love to put these on my husband for about 9 hours and maybe then he will appreciate what I went through to bring our daughter into the world.  He was able to sleep the entire time I was in labor.  Kinda nice to be able to sleep while someone else is doing all the work.  (I know I'm bitter)

My husbands nephew said that giving birth wasn't as bad a playing football right after his wife gave birth!  He would be the next person I strapped up to that contraption.  I'd like to see if he would recant after he experience his wife's 15 hours of labor.  

Quoting jjchick75:

That was funny to watch but maybe they should put some of those on their back and maybe one on their nuts lol! Maybe then they'll get a more complete idea of what it's like! I twas funny though. I laughed the whole time.

MommyLanie
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I agree and he shouldn't be able to quit after 2 hours!   :)  LOL

Quoting Neuro:

My husband wants 4 kids. He should have to do this first.

cjsix
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:24 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)