Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Question.. maybe a little TMI

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 20 Replies

So for the past couple days I have been experiencing breast pain, and they haven't been as swollen as they are today. I have very small breasts so I notice when they swell and feel tender. I honestly don't remember this being one of my symptoms before aunty flow. I have cut out caffine completely, drinking water, and juice. Eating healthy, (before when I drank a lot of soda and ate unhealthy foods before my period I'd swell up like a balloon!)

I'm just not sure if swollen tender breasts are actual symptoms of PMS or not... If I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant. But I just want to know if any of you ladies have had this problem before, just so I feel like I'm not alone and if I should go get a pregnancy test or not.

thanks,

Katie.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Tender, swollen breast can absolutely be a sign of your period... Even if it's never been one before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KatieKramer94
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Okay! anytime something is swollen and hurts I get a little concerned! Thank you for your response! :)

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Tender, swollen breast can absolutely be a sign of your period... Even if it's never been one before.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
MaddiesMomma612
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Yes it can be a sign of starting your period soon. Not to scare you but it can also be a sign of being pregnant as well.

My first thought was a clogged duct, but if your not breastfeeding that wouldn't apply :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momamanda
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:07 AM

My Breast get tender before a period but I've never noticed swelling....but it has always been a first sign of Pregnancy for me...

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM

The only time my boobs hurt is when I was pregnant.  I would go and get a test just ease your mind.....

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

It was the first sign of pregnancy both times for me.  Hope you get the result you want!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Every once in a whole, I will get extreme/wonky pms symptoms that I rarely get.
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM

the only time my breaasts have been tender was a) when i was pregnant or b) after a mamagram...

Des10ed2b
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

yeah, sometimes i get sore boobs before my period. But not every time. Just like sometimes i will get bloated or tired before my period, but not always. I would just wait a week and see if your period starts, if not, take a test. Although, if you are anything like me, you will be late and wait and then day after you take the test and it shows up negative you get your period. seriously. i may as well just flush dollar bills down the toilet!

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Yes, it's a symptom of pms and well as pregnancy and some other things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)