Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

19 month old not sleeping!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi my girl was an awesome sleeper until she got sick couple of months ago. she started sleeping through the night since she was 3 months old. She got croup when she was 16 months old so of course she was waking up at night. then she got over the sickness but never went back to her awesome sleeping schedule. she has been waking up multiple times every night. I know she has been teething also n I gave her baby orajal/Motrin but neither helped. now most of her teeth have come through so I think the worst part is over. but she is still waking up a thousand times every night and getting even worse the past few nights. so I think it' s definitely time for me to train her so she can learn how to fall sleep on her own. anyone experienced the same? any tips? Thanks.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sammi20
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:04 AM

I deal with that with my dd every so often.. I started telling her "No, it's time for sleep! not time to get up. Go back to bed now or you will be in trouble" My dd is 2 years 5 months. So she does understand.. with younger kids sometimes you have to just let them cry until they fall back asleep ir... another way I've tried is standing over her crib shushing her and telling her to go nigh night. then waiting her out.. just lay her back down every time she gets up..

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM

You need to let her cry a while, she will re-learn how to go back to sleep on her own. Otherwise every time she wakes even a little she will wake you up for comfort and you need your sleep to be a good mama!

ktp111
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

my son used to sleep at two or three years, only when he was overtired he would keep me up several nights in a row with only little sleep, not enough for me. I need at least 9 hours of sleep myself, and am on medication for sezures and sometimes needed 12 hours of sleep. I would try everything to get him to go to bed early, but he didnot want to go to bed at 6 or7. I was stuck. I had to have my parents to take him sometimes just so I could get some sleep. He finally got over it when he was in preschool, as I had to send him there to play as ther were no other kids he has no brothers or sisters to play with. I think that day care center was good for both him and me as he would be tired outfrom playing with the other kids.

cherylam
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I'm a firm believer in catnip or chamomile tea with just a touch of honey for toddlers over a year old for a few nights.  She will not be drugged, they are homeopathic and you shouldn't use for for than three nights... All it does is help her fall asleep and stay asleep.  i liked it better than benadryl...that IS a drug used for congestion, and a side effect is sleepiness.

Chubbysmom
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Oh this sounds interesting. So do you give it to her at bedtime? Right now she drinks milk at bedtime. Just wondering what adjustment I should make so she can try the tea. I don't think she can drink both right before bed. Thanks

Chubbysmom
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Oh this sounds interesting. So do you give it to her at bedtime? Right now she drinks milk at bedtime. Just wondering what adjustment I should make so she can try the tea. I don't think she can drink both right before bed. Thanks

Quoting cherylam:

I'm a firm believer in catnip or chamomile tea with just a touch of honey for toddlers over a year old for a few nights.  She will not be drugged, they are homeopathic and you shouldn't use for for than three nights... All it does is help her fall asleep and stay asleep.  i liked it better than benadryl...that IS a drug used for congestion, and a side effect is sleepiness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)