Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

art

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
What kind of art do you like or what artists do you like?
I love art work by BANKSY, BUFF DISS, INVADER, JR, FAFI, MISS VANS and some more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM
You know, I don't really follow art...
norwgnwood
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM
o-O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I dont follow art in that way. Although I do appreciate it when I see something I like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Sorry, not into outsider art.  I like abstract expressionists like Esteban Vicente and Donna Brookman, & the massive bronze sculptures of Javier Marin.  I like the bold colors of the representational/abstract type of work done by Diego Rivera, Georgia O'Keeffe, and more currently Ed Paschke and Roger Brown.  I also like surrealists like Dali, and the mathematical abstracts of Escher.  And I love older masters also.

arthistmom
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I'm an art historian by occupation (my specialty is Italian Renaissance art) and I teach at an art school so this is probably not a fair question for me. :-)

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Obviously you know art, so why would it NOT be a fair question? What artists do you like?

Diane Arbus?  Louise Bourgeois?  Robert Mapplethorpe?

Quoting arthistmom:

I'm an art historian by occupation (my specialty is Italian Renaissance art) and I teach at an art school so this is probably not a fair question for me. :-)

arthistmom
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM

It's not a fair question because I would say "everyone." A contemporary artist whose work I don't like is Damien Hirst.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I am a big fan of photography, but I couldn't really tell you any artist I like. 

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM
That's fair. I don't like Annie Sprinkle!

Quoting arthistmom:

It's not a fair question because I would say "everyone." A contemporary artist whose work I don't like is Damien Hirst.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I'm one that likes art that is made into tubes with permission by the artists to use as signature tags.  I was in a group for a very long time *CILM* that had wonderful artists such as Anthony Guerra, Edward Reed, Olivia, et al.  I loved playing in Paint Shop Pro with the tubes I purchased, but now I don't do it anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)