Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

finding a nanny

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi,
I've been looking for a nanny for the past couple weeks. I've had nannies before and i know the whole interview process i just can't seem to find anyone interested... I'm losing my mind. Cam anyone help point me in the right direction? I've tried sittercity.com but I'm not having much luck. I don't have lots of money too put into sites that you have to join. So, does anyone know any good sites or maybe even know someone in the dc area that would be looking for that kinda work?
Thanks for your time!
Jenn
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mothernotime
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM
*South Carolina area
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I don't, but my friends who have had successful nanny experiences found theirs through friends/word of mouth.

Good luck!!!
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry Jenn, I have no experience in hiring a nanny.

Welcome to the group though.

Quoting mothernotime:

Hi,
I've been looking for a nanny for the past couple weeks. I've had nannies before and i know the whole interview process i just can't seem to find anyone interested... I'm losing my mind. Cam anyone help point me in the right direction? I've tried sittercity.com but I'm not having much luck. I don't have lots of money too put into sites that you have to join. So, does anyone know any good sites or maybe even know someone in the dc area that would be looking for that kinda work?
Thanks for your time!
Jenn

nannymcnina
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I don't know much about the DC area- but I've been in the industry for a decade now and I've found all my nanny jobs either through referrals or care.com. Sittercity isn't the best- I find the nannies on there usually aren't as qualified and looking for more occasional work. Another place to look is college job boards. I went to school for education and there would always be bulletin boards plastered with nanny jobs.

An option many people don't consider is hiring an au-pair. If you have a private room available an au-pair is a much less expensive option than a nanny or daycare! You get 45 hour of childcare a week for as little as $355 a week! I work as a representative through a company called Cultural Care that heavily screens all au-pair candidates and will provide you candidate options based on your needs and family personality. I was a former au-pair myself and would recommend the experience to anyone! If your interested my email is Nina.Resler@rep.culturalcare.com. We place au-pairs all over the country!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Ditto : )

Quoting amonkeymom:

Sorry Jenn, I have no experience in hiring a nanny.

Welcome to the group though.

Quoting mothernotime:

Hi,

Thanks for your time!

Jenn

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I have always found sitters through friends.  Good luck on your search.

nicole2884
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Where in sc i live in sth west Charlotte nc im a nanny

Try care.com
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Word of mouth is usually the best bet...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN