Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

√GETTIN HIM TO PROPOSE??

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 33 Replies
Hi!! Ladies,, HOW DID U GET UR RING... HOW LONG DID IT TAKE?? OR HOW DO U PLAN ON GETTING IT??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeelyGoose
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM
4 moms liked this

I didn't get my husband to propose, he did it on his own. We got engaged the 3rd week knowing each other and married a week later. (And no, I'm not joking-We were both military at the time and he was getting ready to deploy overseas a month later)

We knew, after only having dated for 3 weeks that we wanted to be together. It'll be 10 years in March, btw. :) 

Dbeezy
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Congrats... ;)

Quoting SeelyGoose:

I didn't get my husband to propose, he did it on his own. We got engaged the 3rd week knowing each other and married a week later. (And no, I'm not joking-We were both military at the time and he was getting ready to deploy overseas a month later)

We knew, after only having dated for 3 weeks that we wanted to be together. It'll be 10 years in March, btw. :) 

.Funfetti.
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:28 AM

I don't think you could make someone propose, either they want to or they don't. 

My husband proposed to me in less than 5 months, we got married a year later. He loved me and wanted to marry me, I didn't do anything. 

Dbeezy
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Cool! & trust me I kno u can't make anyonedo anything that they don't want to do.. this post is for entertainment... ")

Quoting .Funfetti.:

I don't think you could make someone propose, either they want to or they don't. 

My husband proposed to me in less than 5 months, we got married a year later. He loved me and wanted to marry me, I didn't do anything. 

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:00 AM

How did you make the check mark?

Dbeezy
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Its on my phone...

Quoting paganbaby:

How did you make the check mark?

LyndseyBlake980
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:14 AM

i did nothing he loves me so he proposed?

LadyOphelia
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My hubby & I were both military too.  We were seperated after AIT (me in TX, him in WA).  He called me one day (we had been dating for 2 or 3 months) & said "I can't deal with us being apart. I need my battle buddy...so what do you think? Want to upgrade from dog tags to a ring?".  Not exactly "romantic" in the sense of the word BUT my idea of romance. We had traded our "toe tag" dog tags before we each left for our duty stations. He told me later & our friend confirmed. After our first date he came back to the barracks & said "I am going to marry that girl".

Teachergal12
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Don't rush it.  I pressured my husband to propose before he was ready...he had the ring but wanted to wait.. Well my impatience got the best of me and now.. After 6 months of marriage our relationship is in shambles. Don't pressure him

mzblack22
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Act like you don't want to!  Let him know you consider yourself "single" bc legally you are until you are married.  Be independent.  Take care of yourself first, invest time in your hobbies and interests.  Don't ask about it.  Don't smother.  My hubby and I dated for 4 years and then he proposed.  I said no the first time, bc I didn't think the timing was right -  I wasnt ready.  We stayed together and he proposed again a year later and I said yes!!  It was right. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)