Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

√GETTIN HIM TO PROPOSE??

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi!! Ladies,, HOW DID U GET UR RING... HOW LONG DID IT TAKE?? OR HOW DO U PLAN ON GETTING IT??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Replies (31-33):
littlemoments99
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Sometimes you have to give them an ultimatum. They either marry you or you walk away. Then you will see if they are serious. Some men are just lazy. I read that in one of my books about getting married. 

My husband wasn't lazy. I really wanted to get married. I hated being away from him. I felt like I pressured him into marrying me but he said I didn't. He said that he prayed about it and felt lead to propose and that it felt right. I talked about it all the time and about how it would be a summer wedding  We also were married about 11 months after he proposed so we both felt very comfortable at the time of the wedding. We have a wonderful marriage.   :)

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
My man just proposed on his own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We met in AIT too. He got stationed overseas and we just talked on the phone. One day it was just like "when are we getting married" and next thing you know I'm planning a wedding. We've been married 11 yrs come this summer. 

Quoting LadyOphelia:

My hubby & I were both military too.  We were seperated after AIT (me in TX, him in WA).  He called me one day (we had been dating for 2 or 3 months) & said "I can't deal with us being apart. I need my battle buddy...so what do you think? Want to upgrade from dog tags to a ring?".  Not exactly "romantic" in the sense of the word BUT my idea of romance. We had traded our "toe tag" dog tags before we each left for our duty stations. He told me later & our friend confirmed. After our first date he came back to the barracks & said "I am going to marry that girl".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)