Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

USDA Loan

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I have been looking for a new home to rent, since our current one is pretty small, but we are not having any luck. We have been looking since the summer and have not been able to find anything! Either the owners want too much for rent or we just can't find anything much bigger then what we live in now. We've also thought about buying, however neither of us know anything about that! 

My boss at work asked me if I ever thought of getting a USDA Loan, I told her I had never heard of it, she tried to explain what it is but did not do a very good job at helping me understand. I've searched online and it all seems foreign and I just don't seem to understand. Has anyone dealt with this kind of loan before? Is it something worth talking to a real estate agent about? 

Any other suggestions would be helpful! Thanks

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM

BUMP!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I've never heard of it - good luck to you though!

md_1015
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Ask your local bank or community organization if they offer first time homebuyer classes. There is a nationwide program which educated interested people in home ownership process. It is usually aligned with a low interest low down payment program or incentive program which might entail buying a home that needs some work or is in an area that is highlighted for renewal.
marynbama
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM
We bought our house with USDA almost 4 years ago. There is no down payment but you must meet certain criteria. Definitely find a good lender to work with.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM

If you are considering buying a house, speaking with a realtor is a really great place to start.  They can help you find the best loan for your situation.

mannipoo
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Thank you all for your advice, I will definetly be looking into these things. :)

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Sounds interesting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)