Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

advice !!! please please

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant the other day (: ! But , until I found out , I was taking seroquel & wellbutrin and had a few antibiotics for utis . I know seroquel & wellbutrin are class c drugs , and I did stop taking them . But I'm worried all that could have effected the baby's development . Stories , experiences ?

Please and thank you ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I cant say for certain, but as long as you quit as soon as you found out, I think you'll be OK. Ask your doctor to be sure. But some women do all kinds of bad things in their first few weeks, not knowing theyre pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
...and congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusicCandy60
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Congratulations,  Have u been to your doctor's yet for a check up and positive proof that you are pregnant?if you haven't you should do so right away. Discuss with your doctor just what you have told us here and then he or she can talk to you and let you know what's what. Then this way it should ease your worries and any misconceptions you might pick up either online or offline . Not that I am downing anyone's advice here but I think you need to consult your doctor right away, since this is so early in your pregnancy and it's important that you and your baby get the right kind of  care you need. Again Congratulations .

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Don't worry about it. There is nothing you can do anyway. The change is slim anything would be wrong.  Just tell your doc so they know.

I was taking Lithium when I got pregnant with my son. I too stopped as soon as I found out. They were concerned as Lithium can cause heart defects, which my son did not get and I was farther along than 5 weeks.

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

and Congratulations!

Pryncess026
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks.  The 5 weeks I was pregnant and didn't know it... I rode a mechanical bull at least 3 times while drinking at a bar, jumped and played (rather roughly) with friends at an inflateable fun factory, drank (enough to be completely drunk) in celebration with some friends, AND my son was born perfectly healthy at 39 weeks and 5 days!  As long as you quit any actions now you'll be okay!  Plus a baby doesn't take any nutritional values from you until you are 12 weeks along! =]]  Congrats on the new baby!! Enjoy! 

jessecutez
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Chances are the baby will be fine
georgiapeachh
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Thank yall so much . Made me feel so much better . The gyno said " I'm not making any promises but honestly , if the baby was effected , it would have.miscarried , and if it didn't miscarry , than it didn't effect the baby . "
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)