Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Argh! Got sucked in!!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was playing around on CM and I saw a post on the sidebar that is not in my usual groups.  It was in "Mom Confessions."  I knew better than to go there.  And to make matters worse, I actually POSTED a reply and now I am getting bashed to no end!  I haven't posted in the group since I first started CM because I thought I learned my lesson!  Guess I needed a refresher.  Argh...  

Anyone else do that?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Ya know, I almostttttt joined that group earlier today. But stopped myself, lmao. What was the post about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Lol...be careful! What was the post?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Birthday parties.  A seemingly harmless topic... :)  Stay away from that group! Far, far away! LOL!  Or at least that is what I will be doing from now on!

Quoting TexasMami409:

Ya know, I almostttttt joined that group earlier today. But stopped myself, lmao. What was the post about?

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM
3 moms liked this

I like to lurk in that group, it's entertaining.

Clei420
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Yeah that group makes my head hurt. I also love how hateful people are anonymously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Were you anonymous?
sjump25
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I stay away from that group for the same reason.

sthflachk
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
The one about having a drive in movie? How did that go bad!?

Quoting anotherandree:

Birthday parties.  A seemingly harmless topic... :)  Stay away from that group! Far, far away! LOL!  Or at least that is what I will be doing from now on!

Quoting TexasMami409:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I've been on CM since 2008 and I've never joined NC or MC. I've read posts in those groups and it's crazy how they like cause drama over the dumbest things. I've never replied to posts in either group.

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM
It's my own fault. I gave my opinion that did not agree with the masses. I knew better. Really. I said that I don't think parents should have parties every year for their kids because I think it becomes about 1) the presents or 2) the parents (if they are young and don't have any friends). I feel this way because I watched my brother and SIL deal with this with their circle of friends. I have a good friend whose niece was traumatized last month because her mother insisted on having yet another birthday party that was about what the mother wanted and not about what the kid wanted. I'm soryy that is how I feel. :(

Quoting sthflachk:

The one about having a drive in movie? How did that go bad!?

Quoting anotherandree:

Quoting TexasMami409:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN