Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Desperate need of 2nd opinion!

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is 5 months old and has been on every similac formula they make and has had an allergic reaction to all of them. Advanced and Sensitive made him puke waterfalls out his nose and everything, and soy made him spit up frequently along with constipating him really bad...alimentum helps him poop but giving him the powder makes him spit up alot and gives him diarreah and giving him the ready to feed constipates him and with both he spits up alot and has really dry cheeks like leather. I spoke with a specialty doctor who said he needed EleCare made by Abbot and with being on that for 4 days now he hasn't pooped, when he tries its just pebbles and he broke out with a rash from his neck up along with frequent spitting up also. The doctor said that was the last formula we could try but after doing research online I found Enfamil Nutramigen....has anyone had these problems with their little one or tried this formula? I'm stuck and don't know what else I could do for my little guy so any advice will help!!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (11-17):
supercarp
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM

My middle daughter vomited when we tried to give her formula, but fortunately I breastfed her until she could drink milk from a cup. She didn't throw up the breastmilk.

Jzm0mmy
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM
He throws up my breast milk out if his nose also :( what is bank milk? I'm thinking he has a reflux prob too cause we've tried every bottle and he throws up as soon as I burp him with every one, and it can be hours after a bottle and all I do us sit him up on my lap and he's burping and puking the whole time. I went and got Nutrigimen, he's only had 2bottles of it but his rash has cleared but he's still puking. Maybe it takes time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

My kids were never able to tolerate Similac.  We've always gone with either Carnation Good Start or Enfamil.  We had to give our now 11 year old daughter Pregestimil which at the time was over $100 a can.  Luckily WIC covered it for us.

Good Luck finding something that works.

AngelaDD
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM

My oldest was constantly constipated on similiac but I couldnt get anyone to agree that the formula was causing it and my 2nd would just throw up everywhere all the time, they put him on nutramigen and it was an amazing difference, stopped his vomitting and no constipation or diahrrea

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 and under all had Goodstart, over 1 coconut, hemp and almond milk.
He should see a GI doctor though. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyangel49
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I tried everything and my mother-in-law (wonderful woman) said just get carnation milk and dilute it half.  What a difference, she quit throwing up and started having bowel movements regularly.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM

When my oldest son was born this happened and the doctor told me to add a little rice cereal and this helped him keep him down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN