Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warning...angry vent ahead...

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 35 Replies
3 moms liked this
Why the f*** does my job description as "mother" include every fu**ing thing. Who decided that it was my job to get up every single weekend for the past 2 and a half years? I am so so so tired of me being the responsible one. For once....just fu**ing once, I'd like to sit on my ass in my own TV room with the door closed and not be bothered for anything. I would like to eat supper without having to stop and do 5 other things. And you ask me why I dont want another baby?? WTF? Are you blind? Dumb? Ignorant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzyluvsmoe
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Thats on you girl......give your husband a honey-do list and go on strike!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I don't blame you for venting - that is not cool....

Beth3721
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

That sounds like my situation!  Except neither of us want another baby.  Sometimes I feel like saying "Well I'm heading out this weekend, you guys have fun!"  and when he says he has to work on Saturday I'll be like "Oh. Well I guess you'll just have to figure something out".

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Umm your an adult right? Speak up or be grateful. Many woman don't even get to hold their babies. Much less be bugged by them. You only have 16 or so more years. You'll live I promise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Now u sound like him...."Act like a damn mother and stop complaining". Well I believe being married entitles me to help.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Umm your an adult right? Speak up or be grateful. Many woman don't even get to hold their babies. Much less be bugged by them. You only have 16 or so more years. You'll live I promise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this
And furthermore, if you say you're never annoyed by your kids or need/want a break, then you're lying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM

So.. do just that!!!

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Eh my husband doesn't do anything and I have 4 kids and would still have 10 more if I could.

cherylam
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I sense anger & frustration in your post, and having been where you are, and did for 20 years, I totally understand..  Have you ever calmly discussed this with your DH?  Screaming the anger you feel solves nothing and only ends in more anger.  If nothing else, save your pennies, hire a weekend babysitter and get a hotel room for the weekend. It would save on your sanity, maybe save your marriage and throw a very broad hint to DH.  By the way, my children are now grown and gone, and I would do anything to have a house filled with children and their noise again...enjoy it while you have it.  Time will fly and you will wonder where it went.

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I have tried conversations. They work for a day or two, then he goes back into his little bubble. It's fine, I mean, all he's doing is teaching me that I don't need him and can do everything alone if I needed to. I try to let him know I need his help as my man, as her dad...and a lot of the time he makes it feel as if I'm being silly. Anyways, this was a vent. A vent is supposed to be an emotional outpouring of frustration. Even if the readers dont necessarily understand or relate.

Quoting cherylam:

I sense anger & frustration in your post, and having been where you are, and did for 20 years, I totally understand..  Have you ever calmly discussed this with your DH?  Screaming the anger you feel solves nothing and only ends in more anger.  If nothing else, save your pennies, hire a weekend babysitter and get a hotel room for the weekend. It would save on your sanity, maybe save your marriage and throw a very broad hint to DH.  By the way, my children are now grown and gone, and I would do anything to have a house filled with children and their noise again...enjoy it while you have it.  Time will fly and you will wonder where it went.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)