Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warning...angry vent ahead...

Posted by   + Show Post
Why the f*** does my job description as "mother" include every fu**ing thing. Who decided that it was my job to get up every single weekend for the past 2 and a half years? I am so so so tired of me being the responsible one. For once....just fu**ing once, I'd like to sit on my ass in my own TV room with the door closed and not be bothered for anything. I would like to eat supper without having to stop and do 5 other things. And you ask me why I dont want another baby?? WTF? Are you blind? Dumb? Ignorant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
snowwillow
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I certainly remember those days with my husband, thankfully my son grew up to be a helper and not a hinderance, my son helps in all aspects of child rearing and works a full time job and makes sure his wife has some time for herself since at this time she is staying home with the new baby.

cherylam
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Quoting TexasMami409:

Yes, I have tried conversations. They work for a day or two, then he goes back into his little bubble. It's fine, I mean, all he's doing is teaching me that I don't need him and can do everything alone if I needed to. I try to let him know I need his help as my man, as her dad...and a lot of the time he makes it feel as if I'm being silly. Anyways, this was a vent. A vent is supposed to be an emotional outpouring of frustration. Even if the readers dont necessarily understand or relate.

Quoting cherylam:

I sense anger & frustration in your post, and having been where you are, and did for 20 years, I totally understand..  Have you ever calmly discussed this with your DH?  Screaming the anger you feel solves nothing and only ends in more anger.  If nothing else, save your pennies, hire a weekend babysitter and get a hotel room for the weekend. It would save on your sanity, maybe save your marriage and throw a very broad hint to DH.  By the way, my children are now grown and gone, and I would do anything to have a house filled with children and their noise again...enjoy it while you have it.  Time will fly and you will wonder where it went.

I can totally understand and really relate... my first husband was exactly the same way... good luck!

GELiz
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I remember telling my DH that I felt like I married a teenager. He didn't like that too much. YOur anger is reasonable. Find a way to tell him you want to have two nights a week where you switch places. See what happens. Do you stay at home or do you work also? Hugs to you. be brave and find a way to broach this subject practice saying what you want to say so you can say it in love and not anger.

ReadWriteLuv
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I felt the same way when my daughter was a toddler and pre-schooler. We never had another baby, and that has everything to do with it.

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Oh yes I work. I'm a social worker. He works construction and to add to my bitterness, he has been OFF for a few weeks. So he is sleeping in everyday and "chillin" when he does wake up.

Quoting GELiz:

I remember telling my DH that I felt like I married a teenager. He didn't like that too much. YOur anger is reasonable. Find a way to tell him you want to have two nights a week where you switch places. See what happens. Do you stay at home or do you work also? Hugs to you. be brave and find a way to broach this subject practice saying what you want to say so you can say it in love and not anger.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Glad I'm not alone. When he brings up wanting another, I dont shy away from my reasoning either.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I felt the same way when my daughter was a toddler and pre-schooler. We never had another baby, and that has everything to do with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy1221
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM

drowning in laundry Ha! You sound like me today...I did NOT want to do anything but be lazy. Dh is off today, so I am taking a day off.

What you do is this:

Order pizza for dinner =no cooking for you!,

Anything that is dirty, Know THIS, it can be done tomorrow, AND it's going to get dirty again!

Run yourself a nice. bubble, bath, and kiss your dh, and say I've clocked out!~

Then by Gosh, go enjoy your bath....

It worked for me today....not to say it will work any other day! lol

Remember, If mommy isn't happy, NOONE is...

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I am in the same boat with my hubby and we are about to divorce.  He gets better for a couple of days and than he goes right back to being a lazy ass.  My hubby does absolutely nothing around the house nor with the kids....and he has been givin honey to do list, etc.  We have been in counseling, etc. 

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear that about the divorce. I'm not going to leave him because of this issue, but I'm definately not as happy as I could be. Booo

Quoting lazyd:

I am in the same boat with my hubby and we are about to divorce.  He gets better for a couple of days and than he goes right back to being a lazy ass.  My hubby does absolutely nothing around the house nor with the kids....and he has been givin honey to do list, etc.  We have been in counseling, etc. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizbeth05
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I have the same problem , am a mom to 5 kiddos and yes there is a time when infant take it anymore ,what I stated doing is that hubs has 2 days off so i'm one of those days I disappear !! Well it didn't last much hubs realized what I was doing and now I have to stay home damn it !! And am feeling more alone and frustrated:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)