Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Warning...angry vent ahead...

Posted by   + Show Post
Why the f*** does my job description as "mother" include every fu**ing thing. Who decided that it was my job to get up every single weekend for the past 2 and a half years? I am so so so tired of me being the responsible one. For once....just fu**ing once, I'd like to sit on my ass in my own TV room with the door closed and not be bothered for anything. I would like to eat supper without having to stop and do 5 other things. And you ask me why I dont want another baby?? WTF? Are you blind? Dumb? Ignorant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Replies (31-35):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I don't know how old your child is, but eventually you will be able to have a little more free time. As for no help from your partner, that's a conversation/ behavior modification/ wake up call you have to undertake. In my 28 yrs of child rearing, hubby has been all over the spectrum of how much help he is depending on his work schedule, and interest in certain activities. Like he hates camping so I do scouts. For us it all kind of evens out ...you have to figure out where your compromise lines are. And one day you get up and your child is much more self sufficient than they were yesterday. And you have time to read a chapter or watch a show it do your nails.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Shes 2....thank you for the encouragement!

Quoting calsmom62:

I don't know how old your child is, but eventually you will be able to have a little more free time. As for no help from your partner, that's a conversation/ behavior modification/ wake up call you have to undertake. In my 28 yrs of child rearing, hubby has been all over the spectrum of how much help he is depending on his work schedule, and interest in certain activities. Like he hates camping so I do scouts. For us it all kind of evens out ...you have to figure out where your compromise lines are. And one day you get up and your child is much more self sufficient than they were yesterday. And you have time to read a chapter or watch a show it do your nails.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziSunshine678
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:35 AM

call me crazy - or crucify me -

but, i enjoyed every single moment of being a stay-at home mom - we have 2 boys, now 45 and 42 - my hub was a phys ed teacher and a bb coach - so, he was gone before they woke up in the morning and sometimes not home before they went to bed - and i had nobody to help me at home -

we were blessed with two great sons - who never gave us any serious problems - maybe that was part of why i so enjoyed being home with them and at all of their school events -

when they were old enough to walk, they became little "gym rats" - their dad took them to bb practice every day and from then on, they spent every bit of their spare time after school at the gym with their dad and the team playing basketball -

i'm really sorry to hear about your situation - it sounds  like it stinks!!  and i don't blame you for feeling as you feel - ya gotta do something about that husband - does he think he gets a free ride??????????

huggss - suzihugs

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Mother hood can be overwhelming. But I'm a proud single mom. But good for you standing up against not wanting more children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2wife1
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Girl!! I feel you! I am a mommy of 2 BEautiful, Sweet, WILD at times toddlers! They are 17 months apart and I feel like tearing my hair out sometimes. I am a stay at home mommy and my husband works ALL day everyday. I'm talking go to work at 3 in the morning home at 7-8 at night. So I feel like I have no help too. I know you are a stressed momma, just tell your man what you are going to do, tell him that you are taking a mommy day. You need it. If he can't understand, then he needs to see what stress you are under and let him take care of the kids for a day if he thinks it is so easy. Just remember that you do love those little monkeys more than anything and you would do anything for them. You know you are a good mommy, that's why you are venting and not just walking out. Your hubby needs to understand. It is called parenting, not you do all the work. All the other moms need to understand too that's she is venting to us. Everyone handles stress differently. Don't judge. Hope you get the help you need soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN