Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Tired of damaged cashmere!!!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone else ever suffered from this? I wear a cashmere sweater (or any top/sweater for that matter), over a pair of jeans. Where the sweater overlaps with the button hole of the jeans, I wind up with a small hole in the top. I can't figure out if it's from leaning up against the counter when I'm cooking/doing dishes, or if its the seatbelt in the car rubbing up against the sweater on top of the jeans. Whichever it is, I have lost many expensive pieces of clothing as a result. I've asked friends if they have noticed this too, and only one has had the same experience. It doesn't seem to matter whether I wear a belt or not, because the edge of the button hole still pokes into the fabric. Can anyone relate to this? Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
-42-
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Wear a camisole under it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Venae
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Yeah, I hate when Consuela leaves spots on the silver she's polished or when the Rolls comes back from being detailed w/a giant dent. 

Sorry, girl, can't relate to cashmere damage.  I do know, though, I wouldn't wear it while doing the dishes.

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That happens to some of my shirts. 42 has a great idea, wear a cami under your shirt! Myabe that's why I don't get them on all my clothes :P

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM
You could replace the metal button with a covered button. That would solve the Sharp edge. The camisole suggestion is great, too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)