Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I cant stand D&D

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 34 Replies

dungeons and dragons that is my 29 year old husband still plays this game.So i thought he would eventually give this up he  goes out to a friends house and does not come home for hours sometimes he will leave around 6 and come back at 2 in the morning .Yes i understand that everyone needs a little time to do what they like but this has become an every weekend thing.Someone told me i should be lucky he's not out at a bar, but i think this is just as bad. He had to drop something off at a friends house tonight and i asked him he was going to play D&D and he told me no he was just going to hang out maybe play some cards. So i just called him to find out what time he was coming home and he said after the game i asked him what game and he told me magic which is basically Pokemon for older guys.He knew i was under the impression that he meant playing cards and that he would be home after only about an hour well its been 5 hours so i am pissed.Do any of you or your husbands play this game.I always thought it was for high school and college age.     

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Dungeons and dragons? What is this 1987?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
These video games are total bullshit and need to be destroyed. My husband uses that shit on me too...."well if im so bad, im gonna just go to the club every weekend instead". Too late asshole, you've already done that before. So now I should be grateful? Hell no. Grow up. Please. Ugh....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sashamom27159
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Quoting Paperfishies:

Dungeons and dragons? What is this 1987?

Exactly that is what i have been trying to tell him.That it is a child's game and he always brings up how some very successful people play. 

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Thankfully, no! That would drive me nuts!
sashamom27159
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Quoting TexasMami409:

These video games are total bullshit and need to be destroyed. My husband uses that shit on me too...."well if im so bad, im gonna just go to the club every weekend instead". Too late asshole, you've already done that before. So now I should be grateful? Hell no. Grow up. Please. Ugh....

I know right, why is it that we are the only ones who have to grow  up. I used to go out to the clubs and stay out all night but guess what i have grown up and I'm home every night and take care of my dd 

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. 100%. If we started doing whatever WE wanted, the world would fall apart.

Quoting sashamom27159:

Quoting TexasMami409:

I know right, why is it that we are the only ones who have to grow  up. I used to go out to the clubs and stay out all night but guess what i have grown up and I'm home every night and take care of my dd 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I have friends who are "widows" to games similar, but they make timy armies and play that.  I thought it was strange, but it is the new craze and it is HUGE with the people that play it.  I, however, have not heard of people playing D&D since I was in college (in the early 90s).

mom24crazykids
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I used to play all the time. Now I only.play when I go.to a con because if I didn't i would be like your husband. While.I.don't agree with a man spending hours away from his family solely for his enjoyment on a regular basis, I can tell.you its a.pretty addictive game.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MOMMYSLOVE13
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Ummmm no! I wouldn't ever be with someone that has that mind set. Little kids go out and "play" not high school collage aged people. Sorry that is my opinion about it. 

mcginnisc
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Dh is almost 38 and plays D&D.. I have no issue with it. Also, it is a card game ladies- not a video game. I play it with him and his friends occasionally. 

My Dh plays on Wednesday nights, when I am at Church with the kids for AWANA. He also plays every couple of weeks with his friends and the 2nd Saturday of every month is set aside strictly for Game Day. Game Day was started by one of our friends ( Pastor in our Church) as an Outreach for the college kids. It is a time for the older guys ( Dh, the Pastor, and the other guys that work at the Church in the IT department) to mentor the younger generation. It is a HUGE success. There are teen girls and guys that go and play the games. We actually play some of the games at home that they play on Game Day. 

It is not a HS game. It is actually a very in depth strategy game. There is a lot of deep thinking that goes into Magic ( which I've played), D&D, and the other games. 

I just can't believe so many women think that playing any game is a kid thing to do. As long as things are taken care of at home, I see no issue in it. Dh works from 8-6 M-F sitting at a computer. It is very draining mentally to look at a computer screen for 10 hours a day so I have no problem if he plays video games or card games. He spends a ton of time with our kids, helps around the house, etc so it does not bother me at all... of course, after 20+ years together there is not much that bothers me. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)