Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Help with dry skin??!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 13 Replies
Question about nails. the area around all my nails is horrible so dry they start to crack and peel on their own. so I start to help by peeling off and then they bleed they just look terrible. I try using nail clippers to cut the skin instead of peel but that only works for a lil bit. they just keep peeling, I try using moisturizers but I'm constantly washing my hands I feel that it doesn't work. I'm just wondering if any of you ladies had this if so what did you do to fix it??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlyssaN
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I have found mixing a little antibiotic cream with a thick hand cream slathered on the hands, then put cotton gloves on (you can find them in the nail or body care section at any drug store), then leave them on all night, or couple hours before bed if you can.
I had that problem as a contractor cashier at Home Depot and they would split and crack in the winter. This was the only thing that helped.
redrose_12
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Thank you I will be trying this as well. Its getting bad especially changing diapers my skin snags on the diapers and it hurts. Thank you for that suggestion.

Quoting AlyssaN:

I have found mixing a little antibiotic cream with a thick hand cream slathered on the hands, then put cotton gloves on (you can find them in the nail or body care section at any drug store), then leave them on all night, or couple hours before bed if you can.

I had that problem as a contractor cashier at Home Depot and they would split and crack in the winter. This was the only thing that helped.
mom2priceboys
by Julie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I agree, that is a great suggestion and I will be adding a tube of the triple antibiotic into my cold cream tomorrow. I started really using cold cream last summer as I swim and needed something deep penetrating for my face, hands. feet and elbows

Quoting redrose_12:

Thank you I will be trying this as well. Its getting bad especially changing diapers my skin snags on the diapers and it hurts. Thank you for that suggestion.

Quoting AlyssaN:

redrose_12
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Cold cream?? Don't know if its an actual cream or the cream is just actually cold.! But yes my skin soaks up lotion and the same with moisturizers I try vasoline but I need those gloves.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

I agree, that is a great suggestion and I will be adding a tube of the triple antibiotic into my cold cream tomorrow. I started really using cold cream last summer as I swim and needed something deep penetrating for my face, hands. feet and elbows

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting AlyssaN:

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:08 AM

it is an actual cream in a jar ya know good old Ponds cold cream lol I buy generic and it;s all good for my needs - usually a base of mineral oil. My skin does not like lotion except the gel aloe vera kind that vasoline has and my wallys doesn't always have it. Hey, for the gloves just pick up a few everytime you take a kid to the Drs lol thats what my hubs does for when he dyes my hair

Quoting redrose_12:

Cold cream?? Don't know if its an actual cream or the cream is just actually cold.! But yes my skin soaks up lotion and the same with moisturizers I try vasoline but I need those gloves.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting AlyssaN:

Jebekarue
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Try corn huskers oil free hand treatment, put on gloves and sleep with it on.  I had a friend with very dry hands it helped keep hers moisturized throughout the day. 

redrose_12
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I gotta check that out and yeah I have to get those gloves always because they are good for lil things like when I dye my hair, change the hampsters cage, seperate meat into packages and so on.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

it is an actual cream in a jar ya know good old Ponds cold cream lol I buy generic and it;s all good for my needs - usually a base of mineral oil. My skin does not like lotion except the gel aloe vera kind that vasoline has and my wallys doesn't always have it. Hey, for the gloves just pick up a few everytime you take a kid to the Drs lol thats what my hubs does for when he dyes my hair

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting AlyssaN:

redrose_12
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:16 AM
That corn huskers oil can I get that at any drug store.? Never heard of it but then again I barely heard of cold cream now. But I will check it out thanks.

Quoting Jebekarue:

Try corn huskers oil free hand treatment, put on gloves and sleep with it on.  I had a friend with very dry hands it helped keep hers moisturized throughout the day. 

Jebekarue
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Yes, any drugstore I think anyway.  I think we have it here, in FL, though havnt looked, i know they have it in AL thats where my friend lives.  Call around before you drive around.

Hope they feel better soon

Quoting redrose_12:

That corn huskers oil can I get that at any drug store.? Never heard of it but then again I barely heard of cold cream now. But I will check it out thanks.

Quoting Jebekarue:

redrose_12
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Thanks and yes I will def check out before heading out. And I do too hope I can figure this painful situation out.

Quoting Jebekarue:

Yes, any drugstore I think anyway.  I think we have it here, in FL, though havnt looked, i know they have it in AL thats where my friend lives.  Call around before you drive around.

Hope they feel better soon

Quoting redrose_12:

Quoting Jebekarue:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN