Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

Katie, proud wife of a railroader, and a future mother-to-be! 

I am the admin for a fb group for women who love a railroader. If you love a railroader, please join us. Search for Railroad Wives, Girlfriends, and Significant Others.

I only reply if I've been quoted, or I happen to look and see a response. So, if you want to discuss with me, please quote me. :) Thank-you and good day!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
katiew2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

That's awesome. :) My dh is my knight in shining armor, for sure. :)

And yes, life is about choices. I love it!

Quoting hollydaze1974:

From our best man's speech: he said addressing me. No matter how bad things get, lay offs, financial hardships, the happy times, a death anything, make him feel he is your hero ALL the time and he will live up to hero expectations ALL the time. We've been together for four years and he was right.

Best life advice From my father: if you don't make choices in life, life will choose for you.

WOW, highly profound and insanely true!

I am the admin for a fb group for women who love a railroader. If you love a railroader, please join us. Search for Railroad Wives, Girlfriends, and Significant Others.

I only reply if I've been quoted, or I happen to look and see a response. So, if you want to discuss with me, please quote me. :) Thank-you and good day!

katiew2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I need to try harder to be more patient.

Quoting kellymarie323:

So true.

Quoting katiew2012:

Patience, imo, is one of the hardest virtue to obtain and grow, but oh so important.

Quoting kellymarie323:

Patience is a virtue. Be virtuous :)

kellymarie323
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I do too.

Quoting katiew2012:

Quoting kellymarie323:

So true.

Quoting katiew2012:

Patience, imo, is one of the hardest virtue to obtain and grow, but oh so important.

Quoting kellymarie323:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dawnzilla
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Your kids won't be young forever, so instead of worrying about keeping a spotless house, work on making memories instead. Someday you'll miss all of those little fingerprints on your windows and glass tables.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Gotta be careful, though..., if you ask for patience, you are likely to get another baby! ;-p

Quoting kellymarie323:

I do too.

Quoting katiew2012:

Quoting kellymarie323:

So true.

Quoting katiew2012:

Quoting kellymarie323:

lovekitchenmama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

mother...do what you do best if you are in a situation you don't like (like if your in MIL's home and you hate it there, start baking!! )  

...and make the best out of what you have.

Christine9576
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't take everything at face value.
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this
The best advice I got was value your privacy . This is so true with e Rhine posting there business online and employers making Facebook part of back ground checks. My step used to always say no one will respect you if you don't respect yourself.
CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

The past doesn't make you a prisoner 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Never say never!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)