Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Pepsi uses aborted fetus cells for flavoring? UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 39 Replies
Has anyone heard this? My husband told me this and I actually couldnt believe it so I checked out snopes and it says they might use aborted fetus kidney cells. Umm eww!! Would you still drink pepsi after knowing this?

Eta new link for all those who thought it would never happen. So yes they were and admitted to it but backed out after outrage.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/04/30/pepsi-stops-using-aborted-fetal-cell-lines-to-test-flavors/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2emma3
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Oh fudge
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM
4 moms liked this
I looked at snopes.com and it came up false and undetermined. I don't drink Pepsi anyway, but I find it highly unlikely this happens... Pepsi has been around much longer than legalized abortion so " getting" enough of aborted kidney cells would be pretty impossible, IMO.
Sara52
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yea never drinking pespi ever agian!

emilyelephant
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It definitely says false/undetermined...and it'll probably be just false soon enough, it's stupid and a really new rumor.

I don't drink pepsi anyway

jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I guess someone doesn't know how to read the big "FALSE" at the top of the link.. hmm..

smcclure2005
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I read the article and what I got from it is that they are not sure at all and that PEPSI is dealing with Senomyx (company) and they they are working with them to help lower the sugar in future products...so in my opinion I seen nothing that states for a fact that fetus or anything is in the Pepsi for flavor...not to mention that the last time the page was update was March of last year. Obviously they found nothing concrete to support the rumor...with that said I am going to pour me another cup of Pepsi...

calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Um it says false to claims it uses aborted fetuses.. But undetermained if they use the kidney cells FROM them. I didnt say it said they use fetuses, that of course is false. Its good to read before replying.

Quoting jessi2girls:

I guess someone doesn't know how to read the big "FALSE" at the top of the link.. hmm..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda81919
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Drinking a pepsi right now.
KRIZZ25
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:38 PM
show me prof ..u cant believe ever thing u read.
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM
They use them in meds and some other foods so why not pepsi?

Quoting hollydaze1974:

I looked at snopes.com and it came up false and undetermined. I don't drink Pepsi anyway, but I find it highly unlikely this happens... Pepsi has been around much longer than legalized abortion so " getting" enough of aborted kidney cells would be pretty impossible, IMO.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)