Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Should a 1 year old boy bedshare with a 5 year old girl not related?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi, I was talking to a friend the other day and he was telling me about how this girl he knows moved in to a friends house and her one year old son was sharing a bed with her friends 5 year old daughter. My question is, should that be allowed? I personally feel like it shouldnt. Thoughts on this??

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Replies (21-28):
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Well I have no problem w/it.  My son is 6 1/2 and still sleeps in the same bed for sleepovers w/an 8yr old girl. 

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM

There is NOTHING wrong with this!  People in the "olden days" use to share houses and beds whether they were related or not.  My God there is NOTHING sexual about this either!  Now if the kids were getting more towards older tweens and teens than NO, but these are two innocent children - lets leave them as that!  A lot of people now a days are homeless - at least these people have a roof over their heads and if the bed is big enough to fit both of them - even a twin bed is big enough if one sleeps at the head and the other at the foot.  Or would it be ok if one of them had to sleep on the floor?

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I read the other posts after i posted.  I dont see how this is a safety issue either.  Put a rail up along the edge of the bed so the 1yo cant roll off.  And like i said have one child sleep at one end of the bed and the other child sleep on the opposite end.  Than there is no likely hood that the 5yo will "roll over" onto the 1yo cuz the kids' feet would be touching, not their whole bodies.  PLUS an adult is way heavier than a child and can "crush" a 1yo easier than a 5yo, adults roll over and sleep heavier (most of the time) than a 5yo child.   

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I don't understand the issue. This happened all the time when I was growing up. Kids sharing beds before puberty is no big deal. I will say before the age of 1 maybe not. 

GwenGray
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM

heck no!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I don't think it's weird.  Stranger things have happened.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Hmmm... I think it's a bit odd. I wouldn't let my child do it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)