Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Help please?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi, posted this in December in another group but had no responses so thought I'd try here...

"My DH and I have 2 Mini Jack Russell crossed with Pomeranians. They're brother and sister, we've had them since birth (my Mum-in-law's dog had them and we were living with her at the time). They're now 2 and a half years old. Peanut is tiny with long fur and Dennis is still very small but bigger than Peanut and has short fur.

Dennis (the boy) is a bit dopey and we think he could have learning disabilities or Autism of some kind. He was born without a bag and didn't breathe straight away. He seems to have some issues with his ears. But other than that he seems fine.

The problem is that Peanut (the girl) however has really itchy skin. She sweats a lot, has dandruff and chews and scratches herself to the point of bleeding! She's also now has a bald patch on her back! We hate seeing her so itchy and sore! 

Any help would be fantastic!!! Xx "

Since posting it originally, Peanut's itchy skin and dandruff has got worse. She seems to be getting really frustrated with it. :( x

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Neem oil or a neem oil pet shampoo.  Also, it sounds like Peanut might need a diet change, usually when dogs are allergic to wheat, it shows in their skin. 

This is a brochure about my boss' dog and how she used the neem oil to help him.  In fact, his story is the whole reason I even have my job.

http://organixsouth.com/info/content/organixsouth/uploads/TheraNeem_Pets.pdf

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My cat was allergic to beef. We got him on a chicken only cat food and that cleared his skin right up! I would start with diet changes and go from there. Dogs and cars usually express their allergies in their skin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BunnyFlick
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Thank you, I'll try this! I just hate seeing her like this! 

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Neem oil or a neem oil pet shampoo.  Also, it sounds like Peanut might need a diet change, usually when dogs are allergic to wheat, it shows in their skin. 

This is a brochure about my boss' dog and how she used the neem oil to help him.  In fact, his story is the whole reason I even have my job.

http://organixsouth.com/info/content/organixsouth/uploads/TheraNeem_Pets.pdf

BunnyFlick
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Thank you for the help, it looks like I'm going to have to try and find if she's allergic to anything in particular!

Quoting anotherandree:

My cat was allergic to beef. We got him on a chicken only cat food and that cleared his skin right up! I would start with diet changes and go from there. Dogs and cars usually express their allergies in their skin.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
For one animals aren't autistic. And they cant be born without a sac. The sac could rupture, or detach in birth but they can't form without one, just like a baby.

Your other dog is probably allergic to fleas. They need to see a vet and be treated. Keep the dog dry and keep her away from licking and biting herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Take her to the vet I think she needs some steroids

blueeyes2000
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Our dog was itching and biting. Had dry skin. Took him to the vet. They did allergy shots for a month. Then we tried other things. Started giving him coconut oil and that has helped a lot. But I would take the dog to the vet.
bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM
She's correct...my dog had food issues that caused her to get red and itchy.

Quoting anotherandree:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

poor baby, i hope you find your solutions

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor thing. I hope you find out what is making her so uncomfortable!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)