Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

need to vent

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 10 Replies
This is only my second time using cafe mom. Ive got something on my mind. Im 23 yrs old, my fiance, myself and our son live w my father and two younger brothers. Im worried. They curse all the time, drink all the time, and out of frustration curseat my son. Im having a hard time finding a reliable babysitter to get back to work. And w out me having some sort of income, we wont be able to move out anytime soon... my fiance doesnt make enough nor is he responsible enough to save any money.. somethings gta give bc i wont raise my son here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaMae455
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Curse at my son *
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. :-( Hope things get better.
loveTHEviking
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry girlie :(! I hope things get better for you & your son!

kysmama08
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Talk to other parents in your area and see about babysitter/daycare suggestions. You shouldn't have to put up with that shit and raise your son in those kind of conditions. You should tell your fiancé to step up too and take some action...doesn't seem like he's helping any.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Tell your man to step up and start saving so you can get out of that toxic environment. It is not good for anyone involved it sounds like. And check your SS agency for daycares. They should have a list of recommended providers. Good luck Hun. Hope everything gets better and keep us updated!
firsttimer20
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM

look for a babysiter in ur city so u can start working and talk to ur hubby and tell him he need to put sum pants on i hope u can get things right and move out

jazzgirl205
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM

You are right to get out.  Do whatever you can.  Forego whatever you can.  Children model what they see.  If you don't want him to be just like the people around you, do whatever you can the change the people around you.  If you get a job and your F doesn't see the importance of what you are doing, don't share your money with him.  Put it all towards getting out and don't produce anymore babies with that boy until he becomes a responsible man.

gdsTX
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I would suggest some government assistance. CCMS is especially helpful for working parents. I'm not ashamed to say that I, my SO, and our son were on food stamps and I on medicaid for my pregnancy with my son on it his first year. We needed the help, but as soon as we could stand on our own we got off of it so that others could have that much needed help. Get the assistance and get a job. Set your money aside for your own place with your son and tell your DF that if he wants to join you, he'll have to grow up and take responsibility financially. No more impulse shopping. No more "me money." Not for a while anyway. He needs to learn moderation.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Are you better with money? Have you talked to him about letting you take over the money? Explain you don't want to live there anymore and why. Maybe if you ask him to give you a hundred a check so you can " help" you giys got out of that house for the benefit of all of all of you, especially your son.

He'll be resistant at first but it's worth a talk. Remind him that he's your hero but you want to help him as a partner. Hold his hand or stroke his arm, as it lowers his stress and lessen the feeling of nagging.

I know you were venting: sometime venting needs an idea to help.

Good luck!
bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you tried getting any state assistance? They may be able to help you find a job, and get daycare assistance too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)