Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

She did it!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 11 Replies
3 moms liked this
My youngest daughter (3) told me her name today for the first as soon as I asked. I have been asking her everyday for almost 2 years and she finally gave me the right answer. I'm so excited!

She has a language disorder called MRELD (Mixed Receptive Expressive Language Disorder). She doesn't understand the concepts of language. She was started in a Special Education class and started working with a speech therapist shortly before her. 3rd birthday. She's been in it for about 3 months now. She can answer most "What is this/that...." And "Who is.." Questions.

Watching her grow and blossom in the last month has been especially exciting. I can't wait to see what else she will accomplish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LDennany
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Playing in the bounce house.  Cara

My big girl!
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM

That is wonderful!!!

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Your daughter is so cute. How old is she? 3 still?

My little guy has severe speech delays. He is 9 and considered non verbal. He will say his name if you ask but you could never figure it out what he is saying.

I know the excitement you feel!

Jscott1216
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe! She's sooo cute! And that's great momma!
LDennany
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM
She's still 3. It's been an interesting road so far. She has an amazing spirit and doesn't let her language delay get in her way.

How does your son communicate with others? I hope that doesn't sound rude. I just am curious about other options for her.

Quoting stillkim:

My little guy has severe speech delays. He is 9 and considered non verbal. He will say his name if you ask but you could never figure it out what he is saying.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM
How wonderful! That is so exciting! And she is such a beauty!
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Yay!  She is a cutie!

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Quoting LDennany:

She's still 3. It's been an interesting road so far. She has an amazing spirit and doesn't let her language delay get in her way.

How does your son communicate with others? I hope that doesn't sound rude. I just am curious about other options for her.

Quoting stillkim:

He knows a lot of sign language. Between the sign language and him trying to talk and if it's in context of what's going on I can figure out a lot. His receptive is great. He just can't get it out. Sometimes he show me a picture in a book to tell me something. He has a communication program kind of like pecs (picture exchange system) on his ipad but rarely uses it.

merryvoice
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Aww, that's awesome! Congrats little one!

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM

How exciting!  Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN