Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Depression...

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Liz
  • 41 Replies
Has anyone suffered from depression? How did you cope, or overcome it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Talk to your doctor, he/she can tell you if you need to see someone, try medication, etc.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM

i have had severe MDD for as long as i can remember. they finally officially diagnosed me when i was very young, and it has only gotten worse. i'm on meds for it, but they only help a little. sorry. i am of no help. BUMP!

lovegrandbaby
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I have been diagnosed with severe depression.  I take medication and have therapy.  I just cope with it, which is not easy alot of days.  I don't believe I will ever "get over it".  It is actually a chemical imbalance that is treated with medication.  I know if I don't take medication, I am far worse.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I hate medications!! I think I'd rather be miserable than take pills!! : /

Quoting amonkeymom:

Talk to your doctor, he/she can tell you if you need to see someone, try medication, etc.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I'm sorry to hear...I'm sure it's not easy. : (

Quoting luvmybug:

i have had severe MDD for as long as i can remember. they finally officially diagnosed me when i was very young, and it has only gotten worse. i'm on meds for it, but they only help a little. sorry. i am of no help. BUMP!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I hate medication!!

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

I have been diagnosed with severe depression.  I take medication and have therapy.  I just cope with it, which is not easy alot of days.  I don't believe I will ever "get over it".  It is actually a chemical imbalance that is treated with medication.  I know if I don't take medication, I am far worse.

lovegrandbaby
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I hate medication too, but I realize that it's a chemical imbalance, and that without my medication, not only am I miserable, so is everyone around me.  I still have my moments, but they are far better with medication than without.  Just like I have to take my thyroid medication, cause without it, it affects a lot of different parts of the body. 

Quoting bigmama423:

I hate medication!!

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

loveTHEviking
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm no help b/c I don't have it or know anyone w/ depression. I do hope you can get some help & feel better soon. I find that when I'm in a mood just hugging my boys or hearing one of them laugh makes me feel better :).

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any side effects from the medication?? I was given Celexa, I believe that's what it's called. I haven't taken it though after reading about side effects...

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

I hate medication too, but I realize that it's a chemical imbalance, and that without my medication, not only am I miserable, so is everyone around me.  I still have my moments, but they are far better with medication than without.  Just like I have to take my thyroid medication, cause without it, it affects a lot of different parts of the body. 

Quoting bigmama423:

I hate medication!!

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I take celexa and haven't noticed any real side effects other than sleepiness when I first started taking it but that wore off as the medication started working.

Quoting bigmama423:

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any side effects from the medication?? I was given Celexa, I believe that's what it's called. I haven't taken it though after reading about side effects...

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Quoting bigmama423:

I hate medication!!

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)