Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice on wedding registry

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so I'm about to get married in a few months, ive been engaged for almost a year now. My future mother in law has asked where we have registered and i said no where. We feel like we have everything we would need for our home, actually more than we need :), and after discussing this we feel like we would rather have money instead of gifts. Only for the reason being that the things we need for our home are like major upgrades. Its not like we can ask people to buy us new windows and sinks and things like that. So how would we go about asking for money instead of gifts and not sound rude or greedy. Please help me!!!!!confused

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I didn't register anywhere and almost all of my gifts were cash.  I was shocked because I honestly forgot that people would want to give us anything at all.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I'm not really sure..

Here's a bump for you! : )

boys2men2soon
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Can you register at Home Depot or Lowes?     Perhaps you can say:  No Gifts, Please.  However, contributions to our Home Improvement Fund will be accepted and greatly appreciated.

loveTHEviking
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM

This is a good idea! Or at the reception you could have like a home improvemenmt donation jar :)...w/ something like donations are greatly appreciated on it :)!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Can you register at Home Depot or Lowes?     Perhaps you can say:  No Gifts, Please.  However, contributions to our Home Improvement Fund will be accepted and greatly appreciated.

boys2men2soon
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Quoting loveTHEviking:

This is a good idea! Or at the reception you could have like a home improvemenmt donation jar :)...w/ something like donations are greatly appreciated on it :)!

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Or instead of a Money Tree.... a table can be set up with a Gift Card Box made to look like a House........

The Bridal Shower could be Home Improvement themed, as well.    Maybe a couples shower?    

Cupcakedcf
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Oh those are great ideas, and i guess its just me, i just feel weird asking for money ;)

Cupcakedcf
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Also i have never heard of a couples shower

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is tacky to ask for cash

loveTHEviking
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting loveTHEviking:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Or instead of a Money Tree.... a table can be set up with a Gift Card Box made to look like a House........

The Bridal Shower could be Home Improvement themed, as well.    Maybe a couples shower?    

I like that idea too! :)

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I like those ideas up there^^.  Then again, no one but my uncle gave us anything on our wedding day.  He gave us $100.  We didn't have registries either.  It was a very short planned wedding.  We were married 5 days after he asked me to marry him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)