Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you...??

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Liz
  • 7 Replies
I'm curious to know...
Would you stay in an unhappy marriage for your children, or would you get a divorce??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
achapman
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I'm currently having that issue its a tough one ;(

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I left. He was abusive and I couldn't take it anymore.
lovegrandbaby
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I would not stay in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the children. In the long run, they will pick up the "vibes" and it will affect them.  I have seen it first hand.  I left my first husband when my dd was five.  I do believe either way the children are affected, but better to be in a happy home than an unhappy one.

Mojitomommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I would not stay just for my girls .

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I absolutely agree with this.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

I would not stay in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the children. In the long run, they will pick up the "vibes" and it will affect them.  I have seen it first hand.  I left my first husband when my dd was five.  I do believe either way the children are affected, but better to be in a happy home than an unhappy one.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I wouldn't stay.  Seeing us in an unhappy marriage would break the kids' hearts.  They've even told me that if I am ever unhappy with their Daddy to just let him go.  2 girls want to stay with me, 2 girls want to stay with their Daddy.  My son would end up going with me.  I really wouldn't want to break them up, but that's what they want.  I hope to not have to split up our family.

november0229
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I feel you ;( Going through the same toughts ..sometimes it can be unhappy then again Somedays are wonderful ...I just need to go back to work!!!!I just may have too much time on my hands.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN