Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

work

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so at work i was given the night manger postion. But I dont get told things first hand i get second and other info passed down to me. The day time manger was given the same postion at the same time and she sees it and is the one that comes n talks to me about what is going on. Specially since my own boss bearly talks to me. 

I dont mind my job. At times i wish i could find something more rewarding and have some weekeneds off and still be able to afford heatht insurance. I try not let work get to me. But Why give me a postion that i didnt really ask for but took anyway, And treat me not as an equal? 

We have 2 sides of the company the side i work at and the other side. I dont normally talk to anyone on that side let alone go over unless i need to take paper work over or have a question. But yet i find out by mistake that the other side has an issue with me. My other manger got an email from our boss that they are going to have a meeting about me. What the? Why not confront me? 

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Reina13
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM

That is so unfair. They need to be able to rely all information to you so that you know what is expected of you. How can you effectively do your job, if you are not being given proper direction or the tools to succeed?

Whatever they are discussing, I hope it goes well.

Good luck

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM

That sounds like a really crappy situation.  Good luck!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Ditto!

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

That sounds like a really crappy situation.  Good luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

1) No employer wants an employee who sits on an entry level position, like a toad, for the rest of their lives.  Even in the military, it's either get promoted, or get out.

2) Which is the reason, that when someone is given a promotion, they are expected to work hard, busting their hump to PROVE they are worth the promotion, and can handle the position.  Otherwise, they will be out. 

3) It is YOUR responsibility, in any job, to find out what you need to do your job properly.  If you sit on your hands and wait for your boss, or your co-workers, to spoonfeed you, you will not have a job for long.

4) It would behoove you to learn how to construct a literate, intelligible, properly spelled and punctuated communication, and then make it second nature to write and speak in that manner ALWAYS. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)