Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I can't imagine what her parents are going through..UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 51 Replies

A friend of mine posted this tonight:

I can not imagine what this family is going through. They have not caught the guy yet, he is on the run. This is awful.

Quote:

My friends daughter, Katie, was horribly assaulted and injured tonight from someone she had gone on a date with. She is in Lebanon Hospital and being transferred to Vanderbilt in Nashville. She has multiple skull fractures from being hit over the head with a rock, and a broken neck and in need of plastic surgery too, to repair facial damage. Katie is only 18 years old. Please pray for her life, that she will live and that God would heal and restore her. Please get everyone in your sphere of influence to pray too. Thanks so much.

UPDATE: Last news was that she was headed for rehab.  Haven't heard much since.  Probably she is busy and healing. No news is good news, I guess.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
That's horrible! : (
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes it is.  That poor girl is in a world of pain and Mom and Dad can't fix it.  I can't fathom it. I think I'd be able to really, really hurt a person that did that to my child. 

sashamom27159
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I am so sorry that this happened i hope she makes it out okay i will say a pray for her 

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Thank you sashamom

sjump25
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Oh wow!  I hope they catch that low life!  

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Isn't that the truth, I mean date rape is bad enough but seriously to almost kill her?She is fighting for her life. I hope they catch him and throw him under the jail hard.

Quoting sjump25:

Oh wow!  I hope they catch that low life!  

LeighAnn_27
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Omg! What Happened?

Quoting Thelmama:

I can not imagine what this family is going through. They have not caught the guy yet, he is on the run. This is awful.

Quote:

My friends daughter, Katie, was horribly assaulted and injured tonight from someone she had gone on a date with. She is in Lebanon Hospital and being transferred to Vanderbilt in Nashville. She has multiple skull fractures from being hit over the head with a rock, and a broken neck and in need of plastic surgery too, to repair facial damage. Katie is only 18 years old. Please pray for her life, that she will live and that God would heal and restore her. Please get everyone in your sphere of influence to pray too. Thanks so much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I'm so sorry for Katie and family. I live in Wilson county and this was not on the news. I will pray for quick healing for her physical and emotional health. Please share my condolences. They are my neighbors, although we have not met.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:30 AM
That is horrible! I hope they catch that guy. I dont pray but her and her family will be in my thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Well he attacked her ...........date rape with more force than is even fathomable. Well how I understand the post since the attack happened on a date.  I do not know the girl personally. But my friend knows them and she is a very dear friend to me.

Quoting LeighAnn_27:

Omg! What Happened?

Quoting Thelmama:

Quote:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)