Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Did the kid really think he would not be caught?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yesterday, Chris had to take a remote control car to school for a project they were doing in science. After science he put it in his locker and locked it. Later he went back to his locker and it was gone. He reported it to the teacher. At the end of the day he was called to his homeroom and the car had been recovered and the guilty culprit was caught. Turns out the person who did it "borrowed" the teacher's master key to get into the locker after saying that he/she could not get in his/her locker. I was very proud of the mature way Chris handled it. Kudos to the teacher for her swift action.

I mean really the kid asked to borrow the keys, like it would not be apparent whose locker to check after someone else's property disappeared from a locked locker. The teacher talked to all the students in the class today and told them only those she could trust would be allowed to use her key to get in a locker that is "stuck".  She basically gave them a good talking to about theft. . I told him if he finds out it who it was, to not say anything to him/her, since it has been handled. If the kid gives him a hard time for reporting the theft, my son used no names, he had no idea who took it, then to let the teacher know. If the child apologizes to forgive him/her.  But I was proud of the school doing such a good job handling it.  I was very proud my son reported it and didn't just keep it to himself.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad that it was returned!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Me too. It was a birthday present.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Glad he got it back.
Kids can be butt heads. ; )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet his parents were none to happy! I told my son that sometimes kids don't think and do things because they want something, but in life we have to learn just cause we want something doesn't mean we have to have it or get to take it. I used it as an object lesson. I have never feared he'd do something like this , but I never miss an opportunity for a life lesson. Especially, when that life lesson is handed to me on a silver platter so to speak. LOL

Quoting bigmama423:

Glad he got it back.
Kids can be butt heads. ; )

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he will learn now!

sjump25
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Good thing he got it back!  Sorry he had to deal with that :/

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Students should never be handed the master key. The teacher or other school personnel should accompany the student and unlock the locker.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM

It was out of character for this teacher to do that.  I think she must have been having a senior moment.  LOL. She said she had only done that a handful of times. Guess one time is the charm.

emilyelephant
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Teachers should be the only ones to be able to use master keys, period.  Glad it was handled well :) How old is your son?

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM

He is 12 and very small for his age.  He is the size of a 7 year old(genetic condtion) so some people think they can walk over him. He showed them he wasn't afraid to report wrong doing just because he is small. He makes friends easily and handles his size well. I think this was important in others seeing that Chris is not a push over and will report when he is wronged.

Quoting emilyelephant:

Teachers should be the only ones to be able to use master keys, period.  Glad it was handled well :) How old is your son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN