Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Funny things our kids say.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night when Leigh and I were at our weekly joint visit with the kids, our girls said a couple of very funny things.  Well, we were playing Monopoly and our daughter Angel asked me to move her piece for her since she was across the table from me and her piece was right in front of me.   Well, her exact words were "Move my piece."  No please or anything, and I know we teach our kids to say "please and thank you, yes ma'am/sir and no ma'am/sir"  So our oldest, Kayla, was sitting next to me and she said to Angel "Where's the please for Mommy?"  Angel said..."On your head, KK!"  It took us a minute to figure out what she thought Kayla asked her, but we figured it out real quickly when Kayla said *sigh* "I said PLEASE, Angel...not FLEAS!!"

So now, instead of "Pretty, pretty PLEASE"...all the rest of the visit we heard "Pretty, pretty, FLEAS", haha...

And...

Once again Angel was talking.  She said one of her guy friends was talking about it raining cats and dogs *even though it hardly ever does that here* and I said "At least he's not talking about it raining men..."  Only a second went by and then my girls broke out into song all together very loudly...

"IT'S RAINING MEN!  HALLELUJAH, IT'S RAINING MEN!!"  Kaden, of course doesn't know the song, but he was shaking his little butt in a dance while they were all singing.  And yes...they sang the whole song, lol.

They had Leigh and me cracking up.  Then of course when the supervisor came back in the room after she left for about 5 minutes...sadly right before the raining comment...the girls all wanted to repeat our conversation, so we did and they broke out in song again all together and Kaden started up his dance again, hence making the supervisor crack up too.

*sigh*

I love my kids :)

Have your kids done anything cute or said anything out of the ordinary that you thought was cute lately?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM
How funny!!
My 7 yr old came home from school the other day. She told me she was learning about persuasion. She then said she was going to persuade me into buying her a bunny. : )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jers.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM

The first time my LO got sick, he started crying.  I said "It's okay, you just threw up" and he responds "No mommy, I just threw DOWN!" while pointing to his puddle of puke lol

mypocoyo
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM
One time I pulled up to a pharmacy drive thru and my ds starts yelling that he wants nuggets. Haha wrong drive thru buddy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 AM

LOL! 

When Jackson was a newborn, Kody (who was 5 at the time) and I went to the mall.  We walked into the store that I used to work at and Kody was proudly showing off his brother.  One of the girls asked him what the baby's name was and without skipping a beat he said "Jackson Cash, like the money you can save by switching to Geico!"

I laughed so hard, I cried!

When I was pregnant with Jackson, I bought Kody a book that showed some really detailed images of a baby in the womb.  We told him when I was about 6 weeks along and I showed him the picture of what the baby looked like.  You could actually see the light bulb go off in his head and he said. "Oh, I get it!  We're having a baby dolphin!"

This pic looked something like this:

To be fair, it kinda does look like a dolphin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)