Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

e cigarettes! Anyone idea?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

So since this could season has kicked our butt at home. 

My doctor told me to look into e cigarettes. But was not able to really tell me what kind i should be looking for. I know they can be high in price. But the docotr said that he has had many people say that the e cigarettes helped them to quite for good. 

We dont smoke around the kids or in the house or in the car. I am not a heavy smoker. I have just up n quiet before. But this time seems different. 

And does anyone know the rules of using one of these in a public place? I know a lot of places are smoke free. and the e cigaretts have no ash or smoke. Unless the ones that have water in them? 

What other things have you tried to quiet smokling? 

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NewMom11222011
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hi, not a smoker nor ever have been one, but if you try the e cigarettes do be careful that they don't use any chemicals.  I just heard an article on the news that some of them use chemicals that irritate the respiratory tract and that it's better to use the nicotine patch than those.  My mom quit a moderate smoking habit after forty years on the patch.  20 years later she died from complications of lung cancer anyway, so please quit sooner rather than later!  Good luck!

Mama2Spencerninja

i.m.r.
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM
All I know is that our cigarette rep (I work at a place like costco that sells cartons of cigarettes) said that the e cigs we sell have a chemical in them that is a main ingredient in anti freeze. I'm in Canada though so I don't know if our e cigarettes are different. I do know that none of ours contain any form of nicotine. I have tried them before and although they are fun, like pp said, they did actually irritate my throat and make my mouth really dry. I would recommend eithe the patch, gum, or the nicorette inhaler.

I know here you can technically use the e cigs inside in public places, but it's frowned upon. Initially it does look as though someone is smoking inside and it causes more problems than just using it in your own private spaces (house, car etc). I do know you can't use them on airplanes, someone I know just took a trip and someone was on the airplane using an e cig. They were told to stop because it wasn't allowed and other passengers were complaining.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bawyada
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Hi there! I am addicted to the e cig - absolutely love it.  My biggest problem is that I was not a heavy smoker either but now use this a lot because no one knows.  I buy Cig20.  Tried a few and think this is the best.  As far as the antifreeze comment, I've researched and it is just used to heat the vile to let out the steam.  Far less dangerouse than all the chemicals in a regular cig.  I'm not saying they are completely safe but that they are far safer than regular smokes.  As for the rules, I was in Vegas and told that we are not allowed to use them in places that serve food.  But have been to bars that serve a bit of food and they have allowed it. 

anniemoose25
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM

it works i have one and you cant believe the change. my kids hated me smoking after i got it i explaine what it was and they liked it i got a thumbs up from my kids. no smoke no bad smell, but i have to have gum with me to relive the dry throught from it.

suzy1125
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My hubs and i tried two different ones. The first one was kind of sweet tasting and i didnt like it. The one we have now is called blu and it tastes more like a real cig. He got a trial one at a gas station for like ten bucks. It has 400 puffs on it. We are going to buy the blu that is rechargeable. You can google it. I thinks its blucig.com.
pamelax3
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

thank you for the post.. I have been wanting to stop and not sure what would be the best ecig

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Before you invest in an expensive system, you should pick up a disposable one at a gas station for around $10.  My MIL smokes and she uses them.

lhunsicker
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM

The blu sounds familiar. Now i have to try to find them and figure out how it works, Thank you for all that have responded. 

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I do not smoke, but I tried Blu once a few years back. I believe they can be smoked anywhere.. they have different flavors and strengths as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN