Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Endometriosis ?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

i am 26 and have endometriosis and trying to get pregnant and don't have any idea what to do. i have tried for 3 months no luck, see doctor about it tomorrow but hope to get some advice before hand. thanks

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Welcome!  I'm glad you're going to the doctor tomorrow and hope he can give you some good advice/help.

Quoting anniemoose25:

i am 26 and have endometriosis and trying to get pregnant and don't have any idea what to do. i have tried for 3 months no luck, see doctor about it tomorrow but hope to get some advice before hand. thanks

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Good luck with the doctor tomorrow! :)

bamababe1975
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Your doctor will have lots of information for you about it. I have endometriosis and had two successful pregnancies, so hopefully you'll get good news today. :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I had to have laprascopic surgery before I could get pregnant. I had surgery in Dec 1999 and got pregnant in Jan 2000 and had my son October 2000. A lot depends on the stage. Sometimes they will put you on meds and put you into medicated menopause. I chose to have surgery and get pregnant.  The only way to really know is exloratory laprascopic.  I also had adenomyosis (sp?).  Talk to your doctor and tell him what your goals are, ask lots of questions, be open and disclose all your problems and feelings about how it is effecting your life. My endometriosis would put me in bed for 10 days or more out of each month with heavy bleeding and horrofic pain.

I had 3 children total. After my last, it got really bad again and was stage IV when I had a hysterectomy 
December 2011.   

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Good luck with your appointment!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anniemoose25
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
no luck with doc wants me to keep track of periods and try ovulation kits for the next 3 months. if not will be pills and exploritory surgery on why. but plans for historectomy after baby ...but will that stop endo.?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dx1066
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I have a friend who has severe endometriosis, and she thought she couldn't get pregnant because of it.  When she least expected it, she was pregnant.  Most dr's like to give you a year to conceive naturally before they intervene.  It took me three and a half years to get pregnant.  Keep trying, and most of all, don't stress out.  Easier said than done, trust me, I know, but try.

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Even if you DIDN'T have endo, 3 mos is nothing.  Took me 2 years.  The sooner you STOP obsessing over it, the sooner you will get pg.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I know it does not feel like it - but 3 months is really not long at all...

Hang in there - and remember that 80% of couples conceive within 1 year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)