Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Dreams.....realistic ..........warning??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do you think some dreams are more realistic than others and might be your body's way of alerting you to something and wake up up for that purpose?

For example, when I need to pee I dream about water or using the bathroom.  I wake up just in time and make it to the bathroom.

Or like last night I was dreaming I could not breathe, that they were trying to get oxygen in me. I woke up gasping for breath and feeling short of breath.  I feel a bit better now but still have tight feeling in my chest.  No pain or other symptoms. My allergies are really bad right now so going to take a dose of allergy meds.

So do you think that is what your body does?

If so do you have any examples?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I think in some cases, it can be our subconscious making us more aware of things.  Sometimes, I will be dreaming that I am at the grocery store check out and I hear the beeping of the groceries being scanned, only to wake and realize that it is my alarm going off. 

Dreams are really wierd. 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I think dreams can mean a lot, key word "CAN", dreaming about death can mean birth, dreaming about drowning can mean one is in trouble and so on.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Yes, dreams are weird. I also think it can be because sometimes you dream you are doing something you would never do, because it isn't something in your nature or ability.  

I love to dream I am flying. LOL

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I think dreams can mean lots of different things. Our minds are very powerful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Yes, our brains are amazing.

NewMom11222011
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I haven't had those experiences, but I have had "lucid" dreams where I knew that I was dreaming and could actually steer the direction of the dream in ways that I would not dare act in real life.

Mama2Spencerninja

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I am a very lucid dreamer.  I can change my dreams as well. I wish I could tape them, they'd make great movies. LOL

Quoting NewMom11222011:

I haven't had those experiences, but I have had "lucid" dreams where I knew that I was dreaming and could actually steer the direction of the dream in ways that I would not dare act in real life.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I'm thinking of starting a dream book.  My dreams always seem so real.

I once had a dream that my oldest (3 at the time) was kidnapped and murdered.  Someone in my dream was taking me through the step of what was going to happen.  I was getting ready to move to another state and that person said everything will be ok as long as you leave before she turns 4.  When I got to the new place (I was reluctant on going but had to).  The place was exactly like my dream.  I had someone help me get the place so I never saw the place just pics.  I left the state 2 mths before she turned 4.  I woke up sweating and I couldn't breathe because it seemed so real.

The dream may not have meant anything but it was so real it scared me

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

That would scare me too. I have had horrid dreams about bad things happening to my kids. Those dreams, when so real are hard to get over.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I'm thinking of starting a dream book.  My dreams always seem so real.

I once had a dream that my oldest (3 at the time) was kidnapped and murdered.  Someone in my dream was taking me through the step of what was going to happen.  I was getting ready to move to another state and that person said everything will be ok as long as you leave before she turns 4.  When I got to the new place (I was reluctant on going but had to).  The place was exactly like my dream.  I had someone help me get the place so I never saw the place just pics.  I left the state 2 mths before she turned 4.  I woke up sweating and I couldn't breathe because it seemed so real.

The dream may not have meant anything but it was so real it scared me

KRIZZ25
not everyone's child should be treated special ..
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
i have dreams that come true all the time..not big stuff but small thing .like i,ll dram of a blue bird or brawn dog or a black truck. i,ll see them thing the next day or 2.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)