Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Dreams.....realistic ..........warning??

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think some dreams are more realistic than others and might be your body's way of alerting you to something and wake up up for that purpose?

For example, when I need to pee I dream about water or using the bathroom.  I wake up just in time and make it to the bathroom.

Or like last night I was dreaming I could not breathe, that they were trying to get oxygen in me. I woke up gasping for breath and feeling short of breath.  I feel a bit better now but still have tight feeling in my chest.  No pain or other symptoms. My allergies are really bad right now so going to take a dose of allergy meds.

So do you think that is what your body does?

If so do you have any examples?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Replies (11-18):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I still get chills when I think of it.  the dream was 10 years ago and I still can remember every bit of it.

Quoting Thelmama:

That would scare me too. I have had horrid dreams about bad things happening to my kids. Those dreams, when so real are hard to get over.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I'm thinking of starting a dream book.  My dreams always seem so real.

I once had a dream that my oldest (3 at the time) was kidnapped and murdered.  Someone in my dream was taking me through the step of what was going to happen.  I was getting ready to move to another state and that person said everything will be ok as long as you leave before she turns 4.  When I got to the new place (I was reluctant on going but had to).  The place was exactly like my dream.  I had someone help me get the place so I never saw the place just pics.  I left the state 2 mths before she turned 4.  I woke up sweating and I couldn't breathe because it seemed so real.

The dream may not have meant anything but it was so real it scared me

baseballmom5416
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

i think it does..one time i had a dream.and i was at my moms house.and i was holding a baby and the baby had dark hair..a week later my neice was going to have a baby.and when the baby was born..he had dark hair..

salleeturner
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to dream that I was trying to go upstairs in our home.  However, when I arrived at the top, The ceiling came down to within inches of the top stairs and I couldn't go there.  A Dr. told me that if I got rid of a problem I was having, the dreams would go away.  He was right.I believe that whatever is on your mind when you go to bed effects the subject of your dreams.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Yeah I dreamed about that little boy being held hostage in Alabama last night.  I hope he gets free soon.

justahousewife
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Dreams reflect a lot of personal stressors. When we drive back from the coast at night, especially at night or in bad weather, once i get home i always dream I'm in the car and its driving off the road. Every time.

I have a lot of lucid dreams also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dibsy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Some dreams are great indicators of real life. I think it's typically more about the feelings than the actual scenarios most times, although when I was pregnant I kept having dreams that cane true. I dreamt once that my husband chipped his tooth really badly, and two days later he came home and his tooth was chipped, same tooth, same chip and everything! Then I dreamt that our dog, who had run off, had got his leg mangled and that I saw him coming out of the barn with it, so that morning I started walking to the barn and here he comes, his leg torn open from a fight with a coyote! There were several others, but after I gave birth they stopped.
{Dibs the Pixi Stix Fiend}
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I think these are fascinating replies.  

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I think dreams can mean a range of different things...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)