Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Dear Lord have mercy

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM
  • 28 Replies

I can't even fathom having my child taken by a stranger off a bus and holding him hostage.  Watching the news about the little boy in Alabama.  That bus driver lost his life trying to save the kids. I know the man must be mentally ill. I hope and pray that child comes out safe and not harmed other than what he has seen already. Poor baby and poor parents.

School bus driver shot, boy taken hostage and held in bomb shelter in southern Alabama 

The gunman stormed the bus on Tuesday afternoon, grabbed the boy and shot the driver four times, according to local reports. The boy, said to be 5 or 6, was not hurt and federal, state and local authorities were negotiating with the man.

In this Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013 photo, law enforcement officers walk up the road toward a home where a school bus shooting suspect was hiding inside a bunker late Tuesday. Police, SWAT teams and negotiators were at a rural property where a man was believed to be holed up in a homemade bunker Wednesday, HAN 30, 2013 after fatally shooting the driver of a school bus and fleeing with a 6-year-old child passenger, authorities said. The man boarded the stopped school bus in the town of Midland City on Tuesday afternoon and shot the driver when he refused to let the child off the bus. The bus driver died. (AP Photo/The Dothan Eagle, Danny Tindell)

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/alabama-boy-held-hostage-bus-shooting-article-1.1251003#ixzz2JYRrIiWX

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:19 AM

It says the only reason he got the one little boy is because the little boy was so scared he fainted.  Poor sweet baby.  

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 AM

This story is so horrible, I really hope that he is unharmed.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Last I heard this is still going on.  I cannot imagine the terror this poor little boy must be feeling.  I read that he's autistic, so with being taken from his normal schedule & environment he must be pretty darn freaked out.  :(

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Yes it is still going on. The wacko let them give him meds for the kid. I gather they dropped it down a pipe. He is autistic which is probbably why he fainted when the guy came on board. He became overwhelmed.  I can't imagine that poor baby's terror, much less the parents.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
This is so sad and just craziness!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I read that that guy is a whackodoo.  He is crazy and beat a dog with an iron rod because he walked on his side of the street.  He walks his yard at night with a shot gun and a flash light and threatens neighbor hood kids.  he should have been taken off the street years ago.

poor baby, I hope gets out safe

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Poor baby in that bunker with a wacko.

merryvoice
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been praying for the boy and his family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I can't even imagine. I hope he releases the boy soon, enough is enough. my heart goes out to the family of the boy and all of his classmates and busmates who were witness :(

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Me too and can you imagine? I don't think we can...my heart goes out to them as well.

Quoting Marz31:

I can't even imagine. I hope he releases the boy soon, enough is enough. my heart goes out to the family of the boy and all of his classmates and busmates who were witness :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)