Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Dear Lord have mercy

Posted by   + Show Post

I can't even fathom having my child taken by a stranger off a bus and holding him hostage.  Watching the news about the little boy in Alabama.  That bus driver lost his life trying to save the kids. I know the man must be mentally ill. I hope and pray that child comes out safe and not harmed other than what he has seen already. Poor baby and poor parents.

School bus driver shot, boy taken hostage and held in bomb shelter in southern Alabama 

The gunman stormed the bus on Tuesday afternoon, grabbed the boy and shot the driver four times, according to local reports. The boy, said to be 5 or 6, was not hurt and federal, state and local authorities were negotiating with the man.

In this Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013 photo, law enforcement officers walk up the road toward a home where a school bus shooting suspect was hiding inside a bunker late Tuesday. Police, SWAT teams and negotiators were at a rural property where a man was believed to be holed up in a homemade bunker Wednesday, HAN 30, 2013 after fatally shooting the driver of a school bus and fleeing with a 6-year-old child passenger, authorities said. The man boarded the stopped school bus in the town of Midland City on Tuesday afternoon and shot the driver when he refused to let the child off the bus. The bus driver died. (AP Photo/The Dothan Eagle, Danny Tindell)

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/alabama-boy-held-hostage-bus-shooting-article-1.1251003#ixzz2JYRrIiWX

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Replies (21-28):
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I heard about that too! What was the outcome?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I think he is still being held hostage, but not sure. Off to google.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I heard about that too! What was the outcome?

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Yes, I googled, according to the news sites, he is still being held hostage but allowing meds, foods, toys to be lowered down a pipe to the child.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Oh my gosh..still? He has been down there since Tuesday. Where does he go to the bathroom and sleep? I hope that weirdo hasnt molested him or something. That poor little boy. :(

Quoting Thelmama:

Yes, I googled, according to the news sites, he is still being held hostage but allowing meds, foods, toys to be lowered down a pipe to the child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

From what they say the boy is doing okay. I am not sure about the potty or sleeping.  I don't think anyone will know about molestation until he comes out. I don't think he is a known child molestor but we all know that doesn't mean anything.  I just think the man needs to let him out. It isn't like they can storm it or he'd kill the child.  So what in the world do they do?  There is only one way in or out and the pip to drop stuff down with.  I just wish this man would get a conscience and let this baby out.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Oh my gosh..still? He has been down there since Tuesday. Where does he go to the bathroom and sleep? I hope that weirdo hasnt molested him or something. That poor little boy. :(

Quoting Thelmama:

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I guess all they can do is wait. And hopefully that man comes to his senses and lets the boy go. Is he demanding anything like money?

Quoting Thelmama:

From what they say the boy is doing okay. I am not sure about the potty or sleeping.  I don't think anyone will know about molestation until he comes out. I don't think he is a known child molestor but we all know that doesn't mean anything.  I just think the man needs to let him out. It isn't like they can storm it or he'd kill the child.  So what in the world do they do?  There is only one way in or out and the pip to drop stuff down with.  I just wish this man would get a conscience and let this baby out.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting Thelmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Not that I am aware of, I have no idea what his reasons are.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I guess all they can do is wait. And hopefully that man comes to his senses and lets the boy go. Is he demanding anything like money?

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting Thelmama:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Very terrible story.  I hope the little boy is okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN