Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I don't think I'm wrong about this. EDIT

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 108 Replies

When my husband was a kid he broke his arm. He was 3 (he thinks, not sure the exact age.) He fell off the slide. Now, here is where our opinions differ. He finds the following funny while I find it awful. After he fell, his mom gave him a bath before taking him to the hospital. His arm was broken but she wanted him to be presentable in stead of worrying about her child's pain. It bothers me that he just thinks it's funny. It isn't funny to me. Who cares if he was dirty? He was playing in the park. His arm was broken and she should have immediately taken him to the hospital regardless of his cleanliness. Do you agree with me, or him? Is it funny, or not?

EDIT: HE JUST SAID HE WAS APPARENTLY 1 NOT 3. OOOPS MY BAD.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Plus-size-mommy
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Not funny but odd. I would be more worried about my child being in pain than being clean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jendawgrox2004
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

exactly. thank you! I can't imagine if my litlles ones broke a bone. I would probably pretend to be calm so they would be calm, but I would be freaking out inside and rushing to the emergency room.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Not funny but odd. I would be more worried about my child being in pain than being clean.

Plus-size-mommy
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Well, and also I'd be worried about jarring something or displacing the bone even further.

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

exactly. thank you! I can't imagine if my litlles ones broke a bone. I would probably pretend to be calm so they would be calm, but I would be freaking out inside and rushing to the emergency room.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

jendawgrox2004
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

That's true. I probably would too. I've never broken a bone, so I don't even know what it's like.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

Well, and also I'd be worried about jarring something or displacing the bone even further.

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

malibucj
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I'd personally take the child straight to the ER, even if they looked like they had been playing in coal. lol.

little.worthen
by Tessie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt do it, and it wouldnt be funny at the time, but it could be funny later. theres not a lot you can do about it. its not like you can hold a grudge against her for that

Mommytotwins44
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
i agree with you.
WheelerWife
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I would be more worried about my baby's pain. 

jendawgrox2004
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what he thinks, that now looking back on it, it's funny. I just don't see it that way, but your right, no reason to hold a grudge over it.

Quoting little.worthen:

i wouldnt do it, and it wouldnt be funny at the time, but it could be funny later. theres not a lot you can do about it. its not like you can hold a grudge against her for that

jendawgrox2004
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

thank you.

Quoting Mommytotwins44:

i agree with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)