Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I don't think I'm wrong about this. EDIT

When my husband was a kid he broke his arm. He was 3 (he thinks, not sure the exact age.) He fell off the slide. Now, here is where our opinions differ. He finds the following funny while I find it awful. After he fell, his mom gave him a bath before taking him to the hospital. His arm was broken but she wanted him to be presentable in stead of worrying about her child's pain. It bothers me that he just thinks it's funny. It isn't funny to me. Who cares if he was dirty? He was playing in the park. His arm was broken and she should have immediately taken him to the hospital regardless of his cleanliness. Do you agree with me, or him? Is it funny, or not?

EDIT: HE JUST SAID HE WAS APPARENTLY 1 NOT 3. OOOPS MY BAD.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Replies (101-108):
shagany
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

It is crazy!!  You don't wait to go to the hospital. that's crazy! You don't take chances with broken bones, it was a different time, people didn't understand.  But it is funny now, because it was so wacky!!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
My mother always made me take a bath before going to the dr, even if it was to the emergency room. I was always getting stitches for stupid human tricks as a child. I used t o tell her it was a good thing I never cut an artery. I'm in my fifties and I think my friends moms were the same way.

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

When my husband was a kid he broke his arm. He was 3 (he thinks, not sure the exact age.) He fell off the slide. Now, here is where our opinions differ. He finds the following funny while I find it awful. After he fell, his mom gave him a bath before taking him to the hospital. His arm was broken but she wanted him to be presentable in stead of worrying about her child's pain. It bothers me that he just thinks it's funny. It isn't funny to me. Who cares if he was dirty? He was playing in the park. His arm was broken and she should have immediately taken him to the hospital regardless of his cleanliness. Do you agree with me, or him? Is it funny, or not?

EDIT: HE JUST SAID HE WAS APPARENTLY 1 NOT 3. OOOPS MY BAD.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jendawgrox2004
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I can see you're point. Thanks!

Quoting shagany:

It is crazy!!  You don't wait to go to the hospital. that's crazy! You don't take chances with broken bones, it was a different time, people didn't understand.  But it is funny now, because it was so wacky!!

nermall1102
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go straight to er. An injured child and broken bone is no laughing matter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I broke my arm in three places, went home, took a shower, then drove myself to the hospital. It hurt, but not THAT bad, and only when I moved it. I'm sure his mom wasn't yanking him around by that arm and she was careful about washing him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethatperson
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you on this one. Not Funny, Very Weird though! When they are young like that and playing, you expect them to be a little dirty. I think if she brought him in freshly bathed but said it happened earlier when he was playing that would probably raise some suspision.

Would you like to work from home? www.livinganne.com

loveTHEviking
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's funny but strange. Who cares if he was dirty.. get that baby to the hospital!

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Not funny and rather uncompassionate imo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)