Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the Group

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

Veteran mom, if there is such a thing. Got one off to college, 3rd year. One about to graduate and life happened to him---we got hit with a cyst on his brain and some of the worst kind of seizures you could ever witness in your life--resulting in a once honors student headed for double major in Engineering to a development digressing kid with no WHY to want to live. What chapter of mother hood did I skip to prepare for this. Pulling up the back end is God's sense of humor, that is 10 but keeps us all breathing and moving forward. Looking forward to exhaling when I can on here but life flipped 4 months ago out of the blue--so now I am 24 hour caretaker--with not a clue on what to do.

hugs   

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 'And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 17:7-8

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Welcome to the group - and I am so sorry to hear about your son.  How horrible!

amiecherry
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Thanks Kris. You all hang with me as I get up to speed with this fancy site:)! It is awesome, tons of features. I don't know that I have exhaled long enough to truly see or feel since this started 4 months ago until I was cleaning my email box and doing some unsubscribe. Then I saw cafemom. I knew when I joined I had sent other moms here because there were some great articles. At the time I was mentoring more then 20 kids @ senior level on the side. Business was flourishing, kids were awesome. We were on a semi auto pilot. Then the storm came. Coming here tonight---a little different from the epilepsy site--which crushes my heart to read their storms--especially knowing ours---coming here has been a small sigh as I stand guard tonight so the others can sleep. He has become violent after seizures and his 6'4 208 prev football stature leaves all ducking under beds and unable to sleep. Who knew people actually were living like this. Who knew this could happen to kids their senior year. It does though--he had a plan, honors student, 3.7 GPA, now we pray we get him out of HS in June! Bites the big one!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Amiecherry. I can't imagine what you are going through.. My heart goes out to you.

amiecherry
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Calsmom, this is so deep and real---I never would have imagined. You see parents of disabled children but, for me, I don't think we ever stop to imagine what their life is like. God forbid this. At the start, I thought--if this had hit when he was born then we could have handled better BUT then I read some of the parents stories that are dealing with it as infants--and saw some of their myonic clonic tonic seizures--and I am just convinced NO BODY should ever have to endure this.  I have prayed what big sin did I do that my son has to pay for, yet I would like to think we have always been humble and gracious  BUT this is his journey. It looks bleak to him now, I am exhausted, friends flew, family is afraid of him, he is afraid of himself---and yet leading the family,  I must rise, smile and push for another option, another thread of hope. I just must believe this is not the ending of his story.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I've been around children with such seizures, but as you said, your son is a football player ...I know I have a son who is 6 ft something. I know I don't have strength to match his, can't imagine coping with the afternath of seizures
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madcat500
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

welcome

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hello and welcome to the group! I'm sorry to hear about your son. This is a good group for support. I'm Bernadette. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Welcome and ((hugs))

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to The Lounge!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)