Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When a friends lets you down...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
So last week, I had a REALLY bad week. The kind of week so bad I didn't even talk to my friends bc I first had to figure out what was going on in my own head...

I very rarely get like this and am NOT someone who asks for moral support very often.

One of my best friends lives 2 houses down. Last night I texted and her and let her know what was up and asked if she could come down, as I could really use some company / processing time. My younger son's birthday is this morning and I was busy making 48 cupcakes, so I was stuck here.

She called, asked what was up and I assured her I was fine, but I would just love her company to sort out my week and have a few laughs (bc we always laugh when we are together).

She said she couldn't come until 10- I said no problem... Guess who never came down or even called. After I gave up at 11, she fb messages me "where did you go?"

She knows full well I didn't go anywhere. I messaged her and told her that...

I love her, but I NEVER send out an SOS... It just hurt my feelings the one time I kind of say I need her, she doesn't come through. I guess that is a fitting end to a bad week... :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. *hugs* I hope today is better for you.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Thank you - I am finally in a better "head space"! Now offf to ds1's basketball game and ds2's party! (busy day!!!!)

Quoting luvmybug:

I'm sorry. *hugs* I hope today is better for you.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Kris_PBG:

have fun! And I'm glad you are feeling better! :)
Talapo86
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I'm recently pregnant with my first baby and the same thing has happened to me, so I definitely feel your pain. I have 2 best friends, one who is on here and told me about cafe mom and the other I have been friends with for 20 years. My friend of 20 years blows me off all the time but now that I'm pregnant and stressing terribly she still won't just be someone for me to talk to.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I've had that happen before. It sucks :-(

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Thanks all... I guess she texted and called after I went to bed... Well after 10pm. :(
GELiz
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM

People will always at some point fail you and you at some point will fail someone and feel really bad. forgive and move on.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Definitely. She is still one of my best friends - it just hurt to be let down.

Quoting GELiz:

People will always at some point fail you and you at some point will fail someone and feel really bad. forgive and move on.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I'm sorry

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Why not ask her why she thinks you went somewhere?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)