Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What the eff, MIL?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
My husband's dad and step-mom told us that they were going to come by last Monday and take our oldest ds out to chucky cheese or the park. They never called, texted or showed up but whatever. I wasn't really surprised. But then yesterday his step mom texts me and says "hey, sorry we didn't come get Kheon, we've been short on cash lately." And I said its ok, I totally understand. Then like a half hour later she texts back and says "oh btw, we are having a super bowl party. Feel free to stop by."

Lol ok. So you have extra cash to throw parties but not take your grandson out. And they wouldn't even have to take him anywhere. He would have been happy just going to grandma and grandpas house for a couple hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I'm not even really mad. Its just kind of irritating.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wth? If they didn't have the money they shouldn't have offered. Obviously they did because they're having a super bowl party. But like you said, they didn't have to take out, just spend sometime with him.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

They should have at least spent some time with him.  It didn't have to be at a place that requires money to enjoy.  They could have taken him to the park!  Ugh...my inlaws can be like that too.  It's really irritating. 

sashamom27159
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

This sounds like my mom.She says she has no money for gas to come down and see  her grandkid but she buys smokes and alcohol for her boyfriend wtf stop doing that and maybe you would have a little.I am sorry to hear what your going thru i know how much it sucks  

luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
WTF? Some people's priorities are way screwed up.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM
It is sad, but I have learned to not tell the boys when my mom says she is coming over bc she flakes out so often. If she follows through now, it is a happy surprise for them and there are no more hurt feelings.

Some people just don't get it...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN