Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Strange phone call

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

about 10pm tonight I got a phone call that said "Hello, this is John from the Lansing police department, is this JoAnna D_____"?

I said yeah? "Hello do you live on the 800 block of MLK BLVD"? I said no he said "Did you used to live there"? and I said yeah and he said "Do you know anyone that still lives there"? and I said no

He said "sorry to bother you have a good night"

The convo went so fast that I didn't ask why.  So I messaged my sister and my mom to tell them and they said it probably wasn't a cop.  I should contact my old landlord to let her know in case someone is scoping out the house.  I called my old landlord to let her know and my sister messaged me this message

Breaking News: Police tell us they have blocked off Martin Luther King Boulevard at Maple Street in Lansing. There have been reports of shots fired. We have a crew at the scene and will update when more information becomes available.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/Road-Closed-As-Police-Investigate-Reports-Of-A-Shooting-189538491.html

I saw that the suspect has barricaded himself in a home in the area.  So scary I moved from there about 6 mths ago

I also thought of how they might have got my number and they have had to suepended me for court to testify, but really why would they call me?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hulagirl55
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:42 AM

To me it sounds like the police department actually did make that call. They could have been calling you to make sure to inform you of the situation if you in fact still lived at that address. I had a similiar situation happen to us years ago. Police came knocking on our front door in the middle of the night and asked that everyone in the home move to the far end of the house. They explained that there was a hostage situation taking place literally just houses away from ours and they wanted us as far away as possible in case of gun fire. Pretty scary but nice to know the police were looking out for all of our neighbors too.

heather77g
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Oh wow that would have been scary. Glad you still dont live there though, but wonder why they would have called you. 

madhouseof5
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM
It could of been a reporter seeing if you know anything

I remember waking up because there was a bright light out side
looking out the window I saw two men crawling along the side of the park

They were armed police
there was a chopper
two police vans and cars

a man across the way was holding his wife at gun point

That was freaky We dont have guns in the UK not that much and the police dont have guns
they have to call the spical police team in

seeing men with guns just arcoss the road freaky
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
md_1015
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM
You can always call the polic department and find out if an officer really did contact you. If not ir mifht help them with their case.
ruggy03
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
If it wasnt the police it may have been the suspect and he didnt want u hurt if it was some sort of dispute.
sjump25
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Wow that is so scary!

Caitlin10081989
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I do not know why they would call you. 

LML1
by Kristy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Oh geez. Good thing you moved.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Yikes! Scary
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM

That is BIZARRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)