Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Question of the Day--2/3**

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

What is a typical day in your life?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:37 AM

By no means has the last couple of weeks nor will the next couple of weeks be typical because I just recently had hip surgery BUT

before all the chaos my typical day was sleep until 10 or 11, drink coffee in bed until about 1. Get up, get ready for the day, clean the house, around 4 start on dinner (and continue to clean if need be). My youngest gets home at 4 so I'm also helping with homework... Depending on the day DH and DD get home from school and work anywhere between 5 and 7... And then also depending on the day directly after dinner off to the sport of the day for the children. DS in bed by 9, DD in bed by 11/11:30 depending on the day and how late dance kept her, and thenin bed by midnight with DH.. I usually stay up and read because I suffer from  night insomnia and usually  at most sleep for 4/5 in the morning... On a bad day, I sleep for only 2 or 3 hours.

blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Have coffee and get my son something to eat. Get us both dressed and go outside and feed horses, llama, cows, outside dog, and cats. Then go feed chickens, ducks, geese, and guieana hens. Collect eggs. Feed dogs inside. Clean eggs. Start laundry or dishes. Sit down for second cup of coffee around 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning.

sjump25
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Work, get kid off to school, gym, work, clean house, relax till hubby gets home, start dinner, clean up dinner, work, watch tv, go to bed.. repeat. lol.  That is a typical weekday.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Lets see.... I normally wake up around 4-5am. Not of any particular reason or that I have to. That's just when my body decides to wake me up. SO is usually up and in the office already working. So the first thing I do is go in there and give him a kiss, say good morning, ask how work is going and see if he needs anything. Then it's upstairs to make coffee. While the coffee is brewing I get ready for the day. By this time it is like 6-7am. Then I sit in bed and drink my coffee and catch up on my FB, CM, and messages. I start cleaning whenever I get the motivation to do my chore(s) for that particular day. That doesn't take very long because without the LO here during the week the house stays pretty clean besides the dog hair and other animal chores. When I am done cleaning, I make SO lunch if he wants it, and serve it to him in the office. Then I play around on my iPad mini until something interesting comes along to keep me entertained. Like texting/voxing with my friends and family, going out for a bit with a friend just to get out of the house, things like that. Then it's dinner time if I feel hungry. After that I watch a bit of TV and if I'm bored, I'll organize something. By this time it is already late evening and I don't know where all my time went. So I get ready for bed and grab a glass of wine or a drink and relax and watch TV until I fall asleep which is normally around midnight or so. Then it starts all over again in the morning! Ah the joys of being a domestic goddess are endless! Lol.
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Wake up, take nasty medicine, wash it down with a cold can of root beer, eat peanut butter toast while skimming Cafemom and facebook.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Wake up son and remind him to eat breakfast. Take girls to school and walk dogs.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Get started on school work with ds. Handwash clothes between each subject. Pick up youngest dd and take her to lunch. Come back home and finish school work with ds. Make lunch. Take 1 hour break.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Pick up oldest dd from school/walk dogs, help kids with their chores, pick up house. Go to Rec center so the kids can get snack, help youngest dd with homework and play board games/puzzles, ect supervise oldest dd's homework. Go to park afterwards.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Come home, get started on dinner, eat, wash dishes, pick up house, put dry clothes away. Supervise teeth brushing, read stories, tuck in bed. Make dh dinner, collapse.

lostosbourne
by Audi on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Mon-Fri I work so I am up at 5am. Bathroom, then make the coffee, wash Jack's dishes and feed him. (hes my kitty lol) Then I get dressed and play on my laptop til 7. Then my ride comes at like 7:15. Go to work. Get home about 1:45-2:00. I always put my pjs on from the night before. Cuddle time with Jack, if Anthony is home Ill hang out with him a little. Then the rest of the evening I will maybe do a load or 2 of laundry, play on my laptop, make dinner, eat dinner, etc. then I take a shower (or if Im cold or if I feel like it Ill take a bath) put on fresh pjs then the rest of the night Im relaxing and talking to my fiance, etc. 

Sometimes I have a dr appt after school on wed or sometimes my fiance wants to go somewhere. Just depends. On weekends I just do whatever. Sometimes Im busy and other times not but I always spend time with my fiance on weekends. We usually go grocery shopping and go hang with some friends. All depends. Like this coming weekend I have 2 baby showers. One on Sat and one on Sun.  

wedding tickers

Audi aka LostOsbourne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)