Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Any scuba divers? I have a question

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

I obtained my certificate about 10-12 years ago. I have not been in the water since and I have lost my card. I want to get back in the water, and I can not find my card. Anyone have any suggestions?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bax
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Personally, I would recertify since you've been out of the water for so long, also were you actually fully certified (exams, open dives, photo id, etc) or resort certified?  If fully certified try contacting PADI organization and see if you can get a replacement ID.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Honestly i would recommend re-cert. that's a long time to be out of water and training and dives. A lot has changed. So I would go do it all over again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki554
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Yea I was fully certified it has just been a really long time ago. I was 17 when I did my last dive. I am 27 now. I love doing it but it was really boring doing it without someone that I knew and could appreciate it with. I got in contact with PADI through email, and I am waiting to hear back from them. I contacted a dive shop and they said that I could do a two hour re-cert if I can get my original certification card. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN