Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge
So I'm trying to give my tween instructions in the kitchen while my toddler is eating and watching Blue's Clues. I couldn't get out the instructions for the freakin video. Steve starts singing "Think! Think! Thi-nk! And I yell as loud as I could, " I'M TRYING!"
Tot, looks up, tween is doubled over in laughter,which makes me laugh, which makes tot laugh..... Some sort if catharsis for all of us, I guess...but I get so tired of Blue's Clues and our sitter crisped out an hour before my husband and I were to go out for a waaaaay overdue one on one dinner.
The laugh fest was really wonderful .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Replies (11-14):
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Lol, yeah .., a six yr old may pull a sassy " you can't tell me what to do". A two year old can drop deadweight and scream for hours for no discernible reason. :) a 13 yr old boy can't be expected to handle that!

So for us all to be laughing at the same time (even if it's me getting mad at a tv character telling me what to do) is pretty rare. It's usually two outta three.

Quoting paganbaby:

Okay, my dd is 13 but our youngest is 6. Big difference than 2,lol.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Yes, well, big brother is thirteen and lil bro is two and a half. Tween can handle him alone for thirty minutes and then things can go uh, sour. In another two years though, perhaps we can go out for an anniversary! Whoa ! :-)

Quoting paganbaby:

Ha ha ha!!

Sorry bout the sitter though :-/ I'm lucky enough to have a teen in the house. Oh but I remember before.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM

That's funny!  lol

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

So true! Hell even I have a hard time handling that...toddler tantrum

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Lol, yeah .., a six yr old may pull a sassy " you can't tell me what to do". A two year old can drop deadweight and scream for hours for no discernible reason. :) a 13 yr old boy can't be expected to handle that!

So for us all to be laughing at the same time (even if it's me getting mad at a tv character telling me what to do) is pretty rare. It's usually two outta three.

Quoting paganbaby:

Okay, my dd is 13 but our youngest is 6. Big difference than 2,lol.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Yes, well, big brother is thirteen and lil bro is two and a half. Tween can handle him alone for thirty minutes and then things can go uh, sour. In another two years though, perhaps we can go out for an anniversary! Whoa ! :-)

Quoting paganbaby:

Ha ha ha!!

Sorry bout the sitter though :-/ I'm lucky enough to have a teen in the house. Oh but I remember before.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

mysticgrl
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM

HA-HA!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN