Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 things only parents say

Posted by   + Show Post

Last week, I told my son to finish his cheeseburger if he expected to eat dessert. I then laughed at the absurdity of having to finish a delicious, juicy burger before going on to chocolate. Oh, to be a child again. I find myself saying these things countless times a day: The things that would only make sense coming from a parent

Turns out I'm not the only one. Here are 15 things parents on my message boards have uttered lately, much to their dismay ...

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Replies (111-117):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
This one at our house too. Although if they roof it they aren't getting it till the next windstorm

Quoting Thelmama:

No you may not get the frisbee off the top of the house, wait until Daddy gets home and he will get it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Please take off your coat and act like you are here to stay, not just visiting. Also sit on your bottom while eating your supper, do not hover..you are not a hover craft.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Child: Mom I'm cold.

Me: Then put on a sweater.

Child: Then I will be too hot. 

Seriously???

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! I'd be bald!

I have 4 kids and I'm sure I've said at least one of these!! : )

Quoting marchantmom06:

I'm a mother to 7 and have never said any of those.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM
do not eat the crayons, stop biting the dog, stop picking the dog up, she is not a baby, dont hit your brother/sister, stop licking the ketchup off the plate!
Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM

UNPLUG that toaster first before you try to get the stuck toast out!  Said to 12 year old holding a fork to pry out stuck toast........eeeeeeeeeek. Heart attack moment.

GaleJ
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My Godson was about two-and-a-half and we were riding in a car with him, his parents, my husband and I. Out of absolutely nowhere my Godson asks his mother if he could bite her just once. She simply replied, "No, you may not bite be at all." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)