Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Need your help, ladies. What is the most meaningful Valentine's Day you've ever experienced?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello ladies.  I need your help.  I'm conducting a little survey and want to know about the most meaningful Valentine's Day you've ever experienced.  What did your significant other give to you or do and why was that so meaningful to you?

Thank you in advance for your help.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Replies (11-16):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Mine was the year my youngest was born.  He was born on the 13th and they let me leave the hospital on Valentine's Day.  I will forever remember coming home that evening and laying in bed with my husband, oldest and the baby all wrapped up in baby bliss.  It was the best!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Our final divorce decree was signed by the Judge on Valentine's Day. Yea, that was pretty meaningful. I'm sure I don't have to tell you why it was.

mommy0ncloud09
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Since we had our son....a trip to Red Lobster -_- maybe this one will be better?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM

16 1/2 yrs ago, while pregnant, I recieved great news. I had made it to 10 weeks preg, 4 weeks bed bound and it appeared the pregnancy was going to stay. so bedbound I stayed, and I made it to full term (finally).

I'm an atheistic Humanist.
I love being opinionated about a lot of things.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy & Down Syndrome.
I am: Lactose & Alcohol intolerant.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Sadly, my husband isn't a fan of Valentine's Day, and rarely does anything for it.  I don't remember a Valentine's Day in our marriage that's been overly special.  I could say "He cooked me a great meal and did the dishes"...but he does that all the time anyway, lol.

Now, my most meaningful Valentine's Day I have ever experienced and the one that has always stood out in my mind was when I was dating my ex.  *We were 17, and I was living in his house with him and his parents...looong story!*  On Valentine's Day he came home from work with 69 black orchids for me, and earlier in the day he had requested a song for me on the radio *It's Your Love* by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.  69 is one of my 2 favorite numbers...and not for the reason that most people think, it's my favorite because it's the same number upside down and backwards...and black orchids are my favorite flower.  It was meaningful because he knew how much I love those flowers, and I knew how much time and energy it took him to track down a place that could get that many of them.  They are not *or at least were not* readily available in any florist shops in our city at that time.  They are not as popular as roses or any other "valentine's day flower", and they aren't cheap, especially on Valentine's day.  

I am 33 now, 34 this month on the 22nd and no other Valentine's days have stood out in my mind like that one yet.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Dh proposed and he also gave me a drawing of me (that he did from a picture), its still one of my favorite gifts from him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN